Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Spotting after vaginal ultrasound?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Spotting after vaginal ultrasound?

I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday, I measured at 7w 3d.  We saw a good heartbeat, doc said it was within normal range.  Today, I have some dark brown translucent spotting.  Is this normal after a TV U/S and how long should I expect it to last?
the same thing happened to me yesterday and of course i freaked, my doctor said that it happened sometimes...mines only lasted for a few minutes
It's prefectly normal. Of course if you start seeing bright red or a lot of blood or for a prolonged time you would need to contact your Dr. I have spotted everytime after one of those during pregnancy. Congrats on the new baby! =)
Its normal to spot after vaginal ultrasounds or intercourse. Like Julz34 said as long as you dont see red or a lot of blood you should be fine.
Thanks for the feedback.  It seems like I have been spotting a lot, but I am also on progesterone suppositories, so it may look like more on the pantiliner.  But it is definitely more than spotting today.  Ugh!  I just want one worry free day!  (ok, I want more than that!).  The doc knows about the spotting, but it just seems like more today, and no cramping.  I am trying not to freak out, because really, I know nothing can be done.  Like I wrote before, we saw the heartbeat yesterday and it was a good heartbeat, so I doubt if I am miscarrying already, but I just want reassurance....
I spotted (brown or pink discharge) all the way until my tenth week. I was on progesterone and my doctor said that may be causing the spotting. After I was taken off, it stopped a few days later. Maybe thats why you have spotting.
Well, the spotting continued into Monday and the doc wanted to make sure everythign was ok, and unfortunately, the baby didn't have a heartbeat anymore =(  I took a pill yesterday to expediate things and miscarried.  But thank you for your support and giving us hope.
The same kind of thing happened to me. I went in because I was spotting and got an ultrasound done to make sure things were okay. They told me I was 7 wks 5 days and the heartbeat was good and things looked great. Then I started bleeding heavier and got cramps afterwards but they said it was normal. The next day was the same. Then the day after that it got worse. I miscarried in the bathroom at the imaging center...I couldn't help but blame the ultrasound..Im sorry for your loss. Know its nothing you did or didn't do! Good luck with the next one :)
At about 6 wks after sex i first spotted then the following week i went to an appt w a health educator but cancelled my appt to put me in w an OBGYN....she said it was to soon to see if everything was ok so she wanted to see me in 2 wks.....since then ive been spotting. on Tues i had an appt and they rescheduled me i was upset so i went to the ER and said my baby had a heartbeat and everythings fine acouple hrs later i get a phone call saying they needed me back because a Transvaginal ultrasound was recommended to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Thank God it was ruled out but noticed mored bleeding....now today i feel light cramps and still bleeding...i was told my uterus is tilted back and althoagh i was told im healthy im sooo worried and nervous for my first appt w a OBGyn Dr on Monday