Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Spotting at 28 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Spotting at 28 weeks

I'm 28 weeks pregnant, I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was like watery blood it was not bright red, more pink than red.  I called the l&d dept at my hospital and they said just monitor it, if it continues all night to come in. I'm freaking out is this normal??
Sometimes spotting can indicate that your cervix is changing. Anytime I have spotting, I call my midwife and she usually wants to see me right away or within a day or two. I had some light spotting a week ago (only happened twice and was so so light) at 24 weeks and the midwife checked my cervix (I had preterm labor with my second) and my cervix seems to be shortening and thinning out already. I have an ultrasound on wed to see if anything has changed. If you are really concerned (I would be if it were me) I would ask them to check your cervix length and see if anything is happening. They can do this manually or by ultrasound.

Spotting can also be from irritation or sex. It's always better to get it checked out though.
For now, I would just take it easy, no lifting and try to drink lots of water and rest.