Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Stitches....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Stitches....

Did anyone get stitches after the gave birth? I did and i was just wondering how long it took for them to dissolve i guess...Because its only been two weeks for me, and i am done bleeding TMI maybe....Just wondering how long. Thank you
oops i am in my friends login....This is xoxo_confused_xoxo asking sorry
I had them with my 1st baby, and it took a good 3-4 weeks for them to dissolve. It helps if you take a sitz bath with epsom salts. Just have like 2 or 3 inches of warm water in the tub, and add a cup or 2 of epsom salt to it, and just sit there for about 10-15 min and soak. It will help with the dissolving process and swelling if you have any.

The more you do it the faster it will help. I was ordered to do it 3 times a day for the stitches, swelling and hemrroids, but I only did it once a day which is why it took me 3-4 weeks to have the stitches dissolve.
oh okay...i have epsom salts and i love warm baths, sounds perfect thank you
i had stitches and only bled for 2 weeks as well.. just because you no longer bleed doesn;t mean your stitches are healed. it ususally takes the typical 3-6 weeks or longer depending...don't rush the healing process.. Good luck! i was told until my stitches were disolved and my OB has confirmed i was not allowed to take baths whatsoever because it would make them disolve too fast. the only thing i was allowed to do was use that water bottle to cleans the area..esp when i peed it burned soo bad
I went to my post-baby OB appt at 4 weeks and my stitches still had not dissolved. He grabbed one end and yanked them out...it hurt and I let him know it!

He seemed surprised that they were still there, so maybe yours will be completely gone by 4 weeks. If not, they'll take care of it at your appointment :)

Good luck with that...
I had 30+ stiches and 7 hemmroids!!!  Oy vay!  I honestly don't remember how long it took them to dissolve.  I know that I bled for exactly 4 weeks and by my 6 week check up the doctor said everything looked great.  I took a lot of sitz baths in the beginning and used a water bottle to squirt and "cleanse" everytime I used the bathroom.  I also used Dermaplast antibacterial spray.  Gosh, this is bringing back some not so fun memories...WHY am I wanting to do this all over again??  LOL!  :)  

Just remember the last thing you want is an infection so keep the area clean and don't mess with it too much.  They'll come out in time.  :)
i had 70 plus stiched with my son who was almost 10 pounds  it took them about 3-4 weeks to dissolve they were gone  by my 6 wks appointment. The  sits bath and the  warm water  bottle thing  when going to bathroom that helped me
i had stitches with my twins. by 3-4 weeks mine were gone. but i bled till week 6. i wasn't allowed to take baths until after my 6 wk appointment but i did use a hot water bottle which relieved the pressure and soreness.