Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Success stories anyone? Need to cheer up!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Up until 28 weeks my pregnancy was going well, after some horrible cramps i went to see the specialist. He told me my cervix was "funneling" the closed part was started out at 2.7cm (a week ago ) now its 1cm! I am now 30 weeks and have had 2 shots of steroids to develop his lungs, The doctor said he should be here in 2- 3 weeks. He is now weighing 3 lbs, but i am so nervous for my boys safety and am so worried i will have to see him in the NICU for a while :( ! Any success stories would be awesome to hear about now :) Thanks everyone !
My cervix was 1cm at 18 weeks and at 19weeks I was 2-3cm dialated and 90% effaced - I was in the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy - she was held off until 32 weeks when we could not stop the labor - had 2 courses of the steriod shots - she spent 10 days in the NICU as she devloped ecoli from and undetected UTI I had from one of the attempts to stop labor - mag with a cathader.  She is 8 years old - tallest in her class and soooo smart.  She was 5lbs at birth 17th inches long - it is a good thing they caught it when the did - so they can do all they can to make sure your little one has the best chance...
I dont' have any personal experience with a true preemie but I can tell you at 30 -33 weeks he has an excellent chance of not having any lasting complications.  Most hospitals require that babies stay until they weight atleast a certain amount.  My oldest DD was born full term but only weighed 4lbs 15 oz.  She was the size and maturation of a 7 month old fetus due to growth restriction. She had a little bit of trouble eating at first, but was breathing fine.  She had a feeding tube for a couple of days but was removed when she was eating well on her own.  She spent a total of 4 days in nicu until she gained up to 5 lbs and then she was released.  She is now 13 and the healthiest of all my kids.
Well where to start, my youngest son was born at 33 weeks 5 days and weighed 5lbs 9ozs and 19 in long. Even though he was large enough in size to come home, his body was not mature enough. He did spend 31 days in level 2 nicu but never had issues with lungs. His issue was he would Brady while eating and he did develop acid reflux. He did grow out of the acid reflux by 12 months. It was very stressful and i hated seeing him go through all of that but in the end he is just fine. He is now 3yrs old 41 in tall and about 40lbs. Looking at him now you can not tell he was preemie, hes just my lil man.