Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Sudden loss of symptoms at 5 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Sudden loss of symptoms at 5 weeks

I have lost all of my pregnancy symptoms at 5 w3 d, and today I am 6 weeks and still haven't gotten 1 symptom back...is that a sign of miscarriage?
Symptoms can definitely come and go....don't worry yourself or stress about it. Early on it is a stressful time but it will not help matters! Just kick back, relax and try to get pampered! :)
Thanks for the advice, but I never had my symptoms dissapeared for that many days!!! I didn't have many to start with, but more I read, more I see that people miscarry with loss of symptoms ... I am nervous as hell and my u/s is tomorrow. I hope to see a heartbeat there but I also want to prepare myself for the worst. I don't feel preggo AT ALL! :(
Loss of symptoms isnt a good sign. Im being honest with you. I dont want to say dont worry. I think it warrents a HCG count at docs office!
Have you experienced m/cs and you had same thing - loss of all symptoms? I haven't had many to start with, and except sore nipples at this point I feel nothing else....
When you wrote "loss of symptoms" what do you mean by that???? That you didnt get any MORE symptoms????? Or you were puking non stop and all of a sudden it went away?
Hi. Well, as soon as I knew I was preggo, I started to get tender bbs that were getting bigger, constupation, frequent urination, moodiness, bloated..That was it but still simptoms , right?! All the sudden, starting Thursday 5w3d, I stopped having any of those symptoms...except tender nipples, that's it.  I already had 1 m/c 2 years ago and it was bligted ovum and I also didn't have any symptoms (then I din't have them to start with).
So it has been 5 days for me with no symptoms at all...that isn't a good sign, right?
Well, I think *maybe* you should have still felt bloated and moody... But i cant really know for sure.... Take a trip to your doctors. -To know for sure whats going on.l Hopefully everything is perfectly fine!!!! Good thing for your bbs! lol....That should give you hope!
When I was pregnant for the first time, I had HORRIBLE breast tenderness, I could not stand to have anything touching my breasts, not even a t-shirt. It lasted MAYBE a week. From then on I'd get nausea once in a while and then it stopped. I wouldn't think to much of it right now. Some people lose symptoms but they come back full force a couple weeks later. A lot of women don't start feeling the full effects until around 6-8 weeks. With this pregnancy (I'm 28 weeks) I didn't feel a thing until around 7-8 weeks when I started getting nauseated. It went away once I hit the second trimester.
Thanks for your advise, I am going to have my u/s tomorrow. I am driving myself insane while.. cuz with my m/c, I had my bbs sore for a while even AFTER the d&c, so I don't count on my bbs at all. With my last pregnancy, I felt nausious at around 5.5 weeks and it didn't go away until week 13. I know each pregnancy is different but because I don't feel preggo at all, it makes me super worried. I am actually going to be surprised to see a  little heartbeat tomorrow, ...if it is there!

smjmekg - thanks, you are making me feel better but in your case, you didn't feel something and then nothing....you start feeling something at 7 weeks but it didn't go away, right? With me, I had several symptoms, and now NOTHING!  It makes me super worried...I read that many girls have more than 1 m/c which is scary. so before 7 weeks, you didn't feel pregnant AT ALL?> no symptoms AT ALL?
This time I didn't feel pregnant. Last time I did feel it, my breasts hurt, and I felt sick, but then it stopped the nausea started again and then went away in the second trimester...

SO...
1st pregnancy~ Breast pain, nausea, went away, nausea came back and went away in second trimester

2nd pregnancy~ Didn't feel pregnant until 7-8 weeks, was a little nauseated and that went away by second trimester. This time I started getting acid reflux around 11 weeks as well. So no, I didn't feel anything until 7-8 weeks.
Ooops. 1st pregnancy. I was feeling the breast pain from about 5 weeks to around 6 maybe 7 weeks and the nausea, then it stopped and came back again.
Thanks for your post! I guess I just have to wait for tomorrow and see what I see on the monitor.....Gosh I wish to see a little heartbeat there...but see, if I didn't feel any symptoms to start with, I wouldn't be as worried. But since I felt something and it went away...that's a bad sign I am worrying about..
how long did it stop for? I have been not experiencing any symptoms for 5 days now which I don't think is normal :(
When I was first pregnant...like you I only had sore boobs and it would be way worse one day and then lay off a couple days and come back. I didn't really feel pregnant or believe it until my first ultrasound at 19 weeks or so and even then it was hard to believe!
I think symptoms is something that you shouldn't really worry about. I hope what julian said didn't scare you any more than you already are. Yes miscarriages do happen but I wouldn't stress over it...the more you stress the more at risk you really could be hon. You do get an ultrasound tomorrow and just to let you know that you probably won't see a heart beat...NOT TO WORRY!! This is normal...it's just too early. If everything is good then you will more likely see a gestational sac, a yolk sac and just maybe a fetal pole.
Good luck!
Thanks girl!  I wish it could be that easy. With my last pregnancy, we saw a fetal pole that was flicking at 6w1d. I am going to be 6w1d tomorrow. But last time, I was nausious allright at that time, and this time, I feel so fine. I can't believe that you felt so great until 19 weeks, WOW!! I hope each pregnancy is different and I get to see everything tomorrow but Ia m still very very worried. Can't help myself. I am counting down the hours...I bet I won't sleep at night tonight...
I just hope that since I already had  1 mc, I shouldn't get anymore?! I hope!
Many women go on to have healthy babies after a miscarriage. I'm one of those people, mine still isn't born yet but everything seems to be going well!
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks before getting pregnant with this one and believe me...I know the anxiety you feel! I was the same way before my ultrasound and my first one wasn't until I was 12 weeks! I was deathly afraid that there would be a problem and everything turned out to be perfect...it even dated exact to what I was supposed to be! Many women also have more than one miscarriage and it's definitely hard but something that happens and we can't control either!
Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!

I saw the little heartbeat yesterday, 96bpm!!! I am so excited!  So we went in with my hubby and waited for an hour. I thought I am going to die...I couldn't eat or sleep before at all!! Anyway, I was extremely happy to see a little bean!! I do have an enormous cyst there and it is bothering me but doc said that it should go away by 12 weeks..I hope so!  Now I am praying that the baby will develop there allright!! And soon I will have a bump like you do! :)