Pregnancy 18-24 Community
TMI but I'm curious

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

TMI but I'm curious

Okay I don't want anyone to judge me about this question, I'm a FTM, but can not going number two hurt my baby in any way?
I don't think it can hurt the baby but after a while it will cause u a lot of pain like labor pain.
Yes it can cuase your baby not to gain weight. A good friend of mine had that problem she finlly said something to her doc and they put her in the hospital for a week and cleaned her out then on bedrest till her due date. If I was you I wouldn't wait to long before talking with your doc. Hope this helps

How long did she not go for and how did they figure out the baby wasn't gaining weight?
She week two weeks I think... and she started having a lot of pain so she asked for a u/s to see if baby was ok and that's when she found out but was behind in growth by a wwek.
Oh man. So what can I do to get things moving more?
That's something I would ask your doc. Stool softers might be something you could look into using.
Okay thank you.
Your welcome and good luck
It will not affect your baby in anyway. I was constipated for a week and twos days, and I told my OB and she said unfortunately that's a normal thing for pregnant women. She wasn't concerned about the length I have been constipated. My baby is fine and healthy 22wks and 5days and everything is good. Just eat foods high in fiber, walk to get the digestion process going after eating, and drink lots of water.
Fiber helps too. My aunt had this problem while pregnant and the doctor told her to take metamucil.
I've been having the same issue. My doctor has me taking Mirolax, prune juice and Docolax and its still not working. It got so bad that I was cramping and had to go to the ER that doctor said it was from not going and bring dehydrated. Good luck!
I had the same problem and my doctor told me to take colace or use miralax. They both work great and oh man I was so grateful