Pregnancy 18-24 Community
The same contraction that wont go away....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have a quick question ladies...
I've been having contractions all day and the monitoring station called to let me know that my baby is having decreases and increases in his heart rate so they asked me to lay down for an hour.  His heart rate evened back out but the contractions never stopped even after I took the terbutaline.
I only get on the monitor twice a day for 2hours at a time.  They suggested today that I stay on for 6hours.  Now that I'm off my contractions are getting worse and my back is really hurting.
I had a contraction about 20mins ago and the tighting in my stomach hasnt let up.  I dont know if it's b/c my tummy is stretched to capasity or if the baby is in distress.  I've tried empyting my bladder, laying on my left side, drinking water, changing positions, and it's like a permanet cramp that wont go away.

What makes me nervous is I had my son at 30wks and today I hit 30wks with this pregnancy.  Am I over reacting or could this be preterm labor?  Thanks
If you are concerned, especially about the health of your baby I would go get checked out. I've never had a baby so I can't say if it is or isn't preterm labour but I would go with the better safe then sorry.
It sounds to me like you are possibly starting the beginning of preterm labor... How many week's are you  right now, 30 ? I would call your Dr. and tell them that the contractions are not stopping..... It sound's to me like if this has happened before, then you body cannot carry a baby to full term..... But, being that your 30 week's, your baby would be ok if born now.... Just might have to stay in the hospital a few weeks...... I would definately call your dr. and ask them what you should do..... Is baby moving ok ? Keep me posted...
that doesn't sound good, i would definatly call your doctor or go to the ER.  I hope that you are ok! keep us updated.  Better safe then sorry.
It could just be your body practicing for labor.
I forget what it's called, but they're not real contractions they're just your uterus n what not practicing for the big day.
But I'd be worried to.
I'm only gunna be 14weeks tomorrow, but the cramps I've been getting lately now that my stuff down there is starting to really stretch, even though the docs say they're completely normal, they still scare me because I always asociated cramps with my period, so I'm constantly like OMG I'm gunna get my period! I'ma lose the baby!
Even though I know I'm not, I still get freaked out. lol.

If your doctor isn't worried about them, then I wouldn't either.

This is my first pregnancy, so I've no idea what contractions feel like but I've been told they're like a wave that starts at your back and wraps itself around your belly...
But I do know that if they're like 20+mins apart, that you've nothing to worry about until they get like 5-10 minutes apart consistantly.
So aslong as they're quite a bit apart, I wouldn't beat yourself over it.
Just relax and try not to stress.

Watch cartoons or something and drink some apple juice or grape juice.
That's what I do whenever I start freaking out about the cramps I've been getting lately. lol
The cartoons will take your mind off of the stress, and the juice will help calm you down.

I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you can make it ATLEAST another 7-8 weeks!
OB just called back and told me to come in now.  He actually said he was just looking at my strips from the monitor today and he didnt like the fact that I was contracting more than 7xs an hour.  So I guess I'm on the way to L&D.  I pray nothing happens in the mean time b/c it's just too soon, and my shower is on the 19th.
Even when my son was born at 30wks they were able to give me the steriods in time enough to help tremendously b/c he only stayed in the hospital 9days before he was able to come home.
I'll keep you ladies updated.  My OB is going to meet me at the hospital by 8:30...so if not tonight I'll update you guys in the morning.  Thanks!
I hope everything is okay sweetie!! Let us know as soon as you get back!!! Praying for you and baby! <3
awww i was afriad you were going to say something like that.  I hope that they are ble to stop the contractions or atleast give you the steriods so that the baby is able to breath better on his own when he gets out.  Good Luck.
Don't be afraid, be stong!

I hope everything goes ok. let us know what happens
Hey sweetie.  I'm glad you're going in to get checked out.  I had the same thing happen with my first. Preterm labor at 30 weeks, in hospital 3 days, got terbutaline to stop the contractions, and steroids. They sent me home on strict bedrest and I lasted till 35-5.  I think I was labor long before then, but being my first didn't know what contractions felt like.  I'm scared for the same thing to happen this time too.  I'll keep you in my prayers tonight and hope to hear your update in the morning. Good luck!
Sweety, my prayers are with you. I'm sure you will be fine....Take care hun and let us know how you and your lil one are....Thinking of you!
I just saw your post, let us know what happens as soon as you can.  I'll pray for both of you that he can cook a little bit longer.  ((((((HUGS))))))