Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Those who tracked BBT and got a BFP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Those who tracked BBT and got a BFP

I'm slightly confused...I had a temp drop 2 days ago which put me at 4 DPO I've looked online and some women have gotten an implantation dip at 4 DPO and even 3 DPO and a BFP after...my confusion is my temp didn't bounce right back up it went up slowly...it went as follows...97.3~97.9 (thinking this was spike after ovulation)~97.8~97.9~97.5 (thinking maybe implantation dip)~97.7~97.9. So has anyone gotten a BFP and after their implantation dip had a slow rise back up?
I had a temp dip on CD 5 (Although, I did take my temp 1/2 hour before normal) so I'm hoping youir right and it was an implantation dip.

I am 7 or 8 dpo ( I had horrible ovulation cramping on the 20th but my temp dipped on the 21st and I had the spike on the 22nd... so I'm not exactly sure which day I ovulated) I figure AF should be here by the 4th.

I don't have the answer your looking for but I just wanted to say Good Luck and SSBD!

I had the weirdest month of BBT'ing the month where I conceived!

It was directly after a mc and my temps were pretty erratic.  I did have an obvious temp dip for ovulation (on CD19) and combined with ewcm... I figured that it was a sign to get back into the game.  :)

I didn't have an implantation dip at all.. but my temps didn't really go up and stay up either.. and I stopped temping all together once I got a very successful hpt... just to save myself the stress of analyzing my then crazy morning temps.

Yours could have been an implantation dip, but that does seem very early... it could have also been your real ovulation date!  I haven't gone to look at your chart yet, but hope that you did bd on that day as well!

Good luck.. & ssbd to both of you!
**Just looked at your chart!  And that looks very promising!!  definitely O'd on the day that you thought you did.. but wondering why your opk's didn't register?

I've never had a positive OPK. I've looked online and found that you can have an LH surge at night when you are asleep, so I may not have caught mine. I didn't use the OPKS every day this cycle, and it's hard for me to do the four hour urine hold, so I usually used them first thing in the morning. I don't know how big a difference it makes because the insert in the box says it's ok to use either. But oh well...I did also read a woman's story who had an implantation dip on 4 DPO and was pregnant. With the dip and the sore BBs, I'm being a little optimistic, but I know it can be nothing too...
i had a + at 6 dpo so..
I think you're right that you just didn't catch your LH surge...i only got my positives in the afternoon.  As for the dip.  It can really go either way....my temps dip down and go back up a little frequently.  Hoping it is an implantation dip for you though!
I have come across some details about what goes on in our body in the lutheal phase. I am copy pasting it for you.

1.  The corpus luteum (which produces the heat inducing hormone, progesterone) normally peaks in its production of progesterone and then begins to recede around the middle of the luteal phase. In conception cycles, it is "rescued" when the embryo implants and then continues to produce progesterone until the placenta can take over hormone production.
   2. Estrogen, in opposition to progesterone, has a lowering effect on temperatures. A secondary estrogen surge in the middle of the luteal phase may cause a temperature dip at this time. Indeed this may explain why this pattern also occurs on non-pregnant charts. Mid-luteal phase estrogen levels, however, have been found to be higher in conception cycles than non-conception cycles and this may also contribute to the greater frequency with which we see this pattern on pregnancy charts.

If you see my chart I too had a dip at 5DPO and a rise at 6DPO....but I don't think it to be an implantation dip as my temperatures are again going down. Hope these information throws some light to your question. All the best. Hope this be your month. And yes as you said there have been women who had implantation dip at 4DPO too. So you never know it can be the same for you as well. SSBD!!!
Implanation dips are really a myth.the dip is likely to be a 2nd estrogen surge,nearly all women get these.especially at 4dpo.this would be too early to expect to see an implantation dip.
I have to disagree. I've read one woman's blog where she discussed the "myth" of the implantation dip, and said she had made herself believe that her dip at 4 DPO was just that...the "myth". She later found out that same month she was pregnant.
Not saying its untrue but a myth,some believe some dont.have a look at sites like ovusoft,you can view thousands of womens charts.some have a dip others dont.there isnt any real evidence of this.ive charted for many years.and had 7 mc in all of those i probabley had 1 maybe 2 dips.possible implantation who knows,most likely 2nd estrogen.dont change the fact your still only early days yet.so try to be patient.believe me know how hard that is.if you anything like me i was testing from 1dpo.lol...there is alot you will learn about charting as tme goes on,im sure you will get your BFP soon,your certainly doing the right thing by charting.
http://www.fertilityfriend.        com/ttc          /index.php

Ok can someone check this out, it's my site on fertility friend, and it says I ovulated with this last dip?!?!
Cant access your chart.dont worry about ff saying you have ovulated now may change again.after 6 confirmed dpo it may alter your chart again,as long as your confindent you o'ed then you should be ok..
The implantation dip can be anywhere from 4 to 10 dpo. I was doing my chart before I got pregnant and I think mine was around 6dpo, cant remember now. I'd post a link to my chart here but last time I did it my post got deleted :-p