Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Tingling fingers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Tingling fingers

Lately I've noticed my fingers tingling, almost like they're starting to fall asleep but they aren't. I read it could be carple tunnel related. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm 38 weeks.
Im 32wks and also get it in my fingers and also my lower legs. not sure what it is. I've only been getting it the last 2wks but im not worried. Mine normally goes after 5mins or so.  
Im 19w4d and mine does it when I sleep. And my wrist hurt. I was told it was pregnancy carpal tunnel.
I've been having this problem as long as pain in my hands and fingers since about 16 weeks.
I was told after having my first that you can develop carpal tunnel during pregnancy.  My doctor said it should go away a few months after birth.  You can get wrist immobilizers if they help.  Mine flared up when my daughter started on baby food.  I couldn't make it thru half a jar of food without my hand going numb.
Probably also doesn't help that I'm already prone to carple tunnel since I'm a hairdresser.. Thanks ladies! Good to know its normal and usually goes away :]
It does normally disappear if it starts during pregnancy, but if you are unfortunate and it doesn't I can assure you that the surgery they can do to correct it does work amazingly well. My mum suffered it for a long time (clearly not pregnancy related!!) and has now had surgery done on both her arms. She has no problems at all with it now. So dont worry if it doesnt disappear after baby arrives, there is a cure which is very effective!!
I had that my last trimester too and boyyy oh boy does it suck! It went away from me, so I'm sure it's just pregnancy induced!
I got it last time its a pain...I'm hairdresser too...it'll go when u finish work. haven't got it get this time yet.
I had it at the end of my last pregnancy really bad! it got to the point where i had no feeling in my fingers at all!!(completely numb 24/7) When i would try to write something by hand it looked like a childs writing! and it took a few weeks after delivery to come back! i couldnt even fill out the paper work for my baby as my hands actually shook when i would try to do something that needed a steady hand.... it was managable and my Dr did tell me to get the wrist bands to help but because it was gonna have to get better some time i just waited ot out.... so this round im 21 weeks and im already getting numb feeling when lay down... so i may be getting the wrist bands sooner than later as its starting so much earlier this round, also last time i swelled up like crazy! i had major edema, even all the way up into my abdomen and i really really hope that doesnt happen again!
PS typing on the computer is bad for carpel tunnel lol

lol oh the joys of pregnancy! ;)