Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Today Sponge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Today Sponge

Hi, my girlfriend and I just used the today sponge for the first time yesterday. We had sex three times but I pulled out before ejaculation each time simply because I was nervous about it not being in the right place. Later that night when she removed the sponge it was torn in half. Today during intercourse she experienced some discomfort. Upon removal of the sponge there was some green goo on it. Almost like a mucous. So my first question is 1) should we be worried about pregnancies (bc the sponge was torn) and 2) is the green goo normal for the sponge? If not what does that mean? Both of us were virgins until yesterday so its not an std.
Tags: Pregnancy, today sponge, sex, today, Sponge, STD, nervous, worried, green, goo
The sponge is great she has to make sure is fully wet saturated with water prior to application the green goo can be vaginal discharge or ejaculation nothing to worry about but I did notice it would make me dry try a lubricant
Wow congrats yr no longer a virgin!! Hope she was special. Im in Australia and have not heard of the sponge. Is it a form of contraception? It doesnt sound like it offers a nice experience. Just sayin. Sorry I coulnt help.