Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Transvaginal Ultrasound Accuracy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Transvaginal Ultrasound Accuracy

hi! im 16 weeks pregnant right now, im confused about who the father of my baby is... i was wondering if the trans-vaginal ultrasound are accurate. My LMP (regular)  was Dec 20-12... i had sex with my current boyfriend Dec 29-12 in the morning, then we had sex again days ago Jan, 1-13... i had sex with another guy Jan 4-13... i had my pregnancy test Jan. 21-13 and its already positive, ive tried transv u/s Jan 24-13 and it says i was already 4weeks and 3 days pregnanat... their is no fetus yet but the embreyo sac was already present so the obgyne advice to try it again weeks after.. i had my last ultrasound March 2-13 and it says im already 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant... please help me! im very confused with who the father of my child is and it makes me a lot more confuse by the ovulation day.... please please help me with my situation...
The vaginal ultrasounds are more accurate then judging by the first day of your last period. But unfortunately it's impossible to pinpoint the actual date of conception , you can get an amniocentesis done, it has risks including a small chance of miscarriage like everything else that has to do with pregnancy but you can get a paternity test done through that... Usually they do it between16-22 wks... Talk to your doc about it more but if you had sex with both men around the same time a paternity test is the only way to know
hi! thanks for the response. my obgyne says that my boyfriend is much possible to be the father of my baby... im so confused with the ovulation day some ovulation calculator says that i ovulated Jan 3... some says Jan 4. this made a lot of confuse...
Well the sperm lives inside you up to 6 days you can concieve (conceive) a few days after you ovulate so in reality it's a toss up... Did they both go inside you or did you use any protection ??
my boyfriend didnt go inside of me when we had contact last dec 29 but he got inside of me last Jan. 1... the other guy also got inside of me last Jan. 4... im so very confuse im just relying on my transvaginal results... but still im not satisfied... im getting married w/ my boyfriend... and i have already no contact with the other guy that i had sex with...
Girl you need a DNA test, the ultrasound can't tell you your baby daddy, they both came in you and both their sperm lived inside you at the same time so whichever had the strongest swimmer got you pregnant
im gonna die right now. urgghh... i dont have a budjet for DNA test...
Well you can split it with the guy ... Whoevers kid it is has to pay a certain amount like half maybe all if he's really nice lol
Sperm can live 5 days inside the female reproductive tract. A translational ultrasound is used to detect the early stages of pregnancy. They pick up the earliest signs of an embryo unlike the external sonograms. However, they cannot calculate the specific day you conceived. The only sure way is to have a DNA test because you were sexually active with 2 different partners in the same 7 day period. Hope you get the result you are looking for
Transvaginal* damn iPhone