Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Trying Pineapple to induce....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Trying Pineapple to induce....

Hubby is on his way to the grocery store for 2 nice ripe fresh pineapples. I have tried every other *safe* ways to induce here at home. I tried walking, lots of sex, swining on swings, walking up and down hills, walking 1 foot on the curb, accupressure, nipple stimulation, relaxation, eggplant parmesean, red raspberry leaf tea, and more walking and sex. lol

I refuse to use castor oil, cohosh herbs, and evening primrose oil, pretty much any herbal stuff since I have no idea what effects it can have on me or baby.

So I am going to eat my fresh pineapples and take a nice warm bath to relax and see if it does anything. If it doesn't then I guess im doomed lol.
LOL  Unfortuantly if the baby isnt ready to come out none of the "natural remedies" will work!  Believe me i know i've been trying them too!!!
I havent tried the rasperry tea or the accupressure yet. maybe i'll try them next!!

Just be careful with the bath,  if you are dialated you really shouldnt take them because of the bacteria in the water can cause infection.

Good luck and hopefully we will both be going soon!!

Kazwel
Have him give you a foot massage.. It might take awhile but it is proven to cause contractions.. As for the pineapple, dont count on it working.. I ate a huge thing of fresh pineapple the other day (not realizing that there were people who said it could put you in labor) and it didn't do anything to me..
I think the pineapple technique is an old wive's tale, but I suppose if you are desperate you could go for it!  lol Yeah, the foot massage thing I have heard of.  But, it will take a while.  I get pedicures (totally fine with my doctor... I already asked aobut the massage thing) and she started laughing!  She said that you would have to be massaged on your legs and feet for hours to stimulate anything.  So, don't tell your husband that... just let him keep massaging!  hahaha... JUST KIDDING!  But, it will feel good at least :)
yeah.. My aunt told me a story about the foot massage, she went to a bar with her husband and one of his friends and his wife and his wife is really good friends with my aunt.. Well being the nice lady she was (and probably because they were both bored out of their minds) she decided she would give my aunt a nice foot massage, well about 2 hours later she was still massaging and my aunt was having contractions, she had my cousin a couple days later.. Idk if the foot massage set it off or if it was just a coinsidence but if I get to 40 weeks and dont go on my own Travis is going to have some sore hands (and some sore other parts..) okay that was TMI but this baby can come out whenever he wants cuz Im definantly ready.
Supposedly pumpkin soup is supposed to do it too...I saw it on the news awhile ago...there was this restaurant and that was their claim to fame: pregnant women going in to have the soup to bring on labor!  Good luck!
Well I heard Shadowserpant ate pineapple and then went into labor lol. Im just so desperate lol. I wont do castor oil. I just want to have this baby lol
Haven't had the pineapple yet either, hubby cant find his wallet lol
lol well if it worked for her!! maybe it will work for you!! good luck with the pineapple and if that doesn't work you better find the lotion so hubby can massage your feet.. and have him pick you up some pumpkin soup too (whatever that is) sounds nasty.. lol
lol I wont eat or drink anything with the word pumpkin in it. And as far as the massage goes, I heard it could take a while and hubby wimps out on massages, that and he rubs like a girl lmao not hard enough lol

So now hubby is going with a friend who has cash to buy the pineapple. Hubby doesn't want me giving birth because he LOVES the constant 2-3 time a day BD'ing lol. Oh well he doesn't have to share his womb with anyone else, so he can deal lol
I agree with you about the pumpkin.. The other day I was going through culvers and noticed that they have some pumpkin shake or something and I was thinking about getting it.. then I was like wtf am I thinking? I dont even like pumpkin. lol

I hear ya about the massages.. You'd think being 8 months pregnant I would be the one getting the back massages.. nope..

and I dont even like Bd'ing anymore lol so your hubby is lucky.. I can actually bribe Travis with sex. (sad I know) Its just no fun.. He wont go on top cuz hes afraid of squishing the baby, I feel like a fat hippo going doggy, and sideways *****.. so looks like its me on top and even then it ***** because my stomach is too big.. so I just have stopped alltogether.. lol that was probably TMI but whatever.
lol this is too funny ive been wanting to bd so bad cuz i want this baby out also and hubby is so scared to hurt me we havent bd for a while cuz im usually not wanting to but latley i have but he wont,cuz i want to pop already.lol so im begging hahaha even as uncomfortable as it is at the moment.

but i haven tried tea or anything weird cuz im so scared i dont make since i want the baby out but im still scared to drink tea ive hear apple tea works really good better then the rasberry tea. ill try both. but im worried that its to early iam 37wks but it might be way to early what do you think BTS??? i think im gonna go for a walk while drinking tea and then come back do some squats or something eat pinnaple take a bath have dh rub feet and then beg him to bd.lol
lol Im the type of person that nothing is TMI with me so it doesnt bother me, I know the sex situation, I infact am NEVER in the mood but im doing it to try and pop this baby out. Sex is boring now, the only way we can do it is spooning lol. I can't be on top cuz it squishes the belly and hubby doesnt like feeling the baby move during sex, freaks him out lol. He wont be on top because he is scared he is going to slip and fall on me, and my a$$ has gotten so huge that I refuse 100% to bend over in any situation in front of hubby lol.

I ate my 2 pounds of pineapple, and so far all I have is an upset tummy and a headache lol. I don't think I ever want to see another pineapple in my entire life lol

I guess I am officially DOOMED! oh well on the brighter side...my cat just caught a fly lol
maybe the pineapple just has to digest first :) maybe within an hour or soo you will start getting contractions i hope soo :)
lol yeah thats the only way we can do it also its lame but oh well.lol im never in the mood either just doing it to pop the baby out but dh is freaken scared to hurt me and he doesnt like me on top at the moment cuz belly is to big and kinda hurts.lol yup my a$$ is too huge and refuse to bend over as well, even though dh tries to beg me to bend over and heck no i wont do it lol.
lmao I love how we have our latenight threads that all 3 of us comment back and forth throughout the night..

I never really thought about having sex to make the baby come out.. But im 35 weeks so Im not thinking "last resort" yet.. Ill give it at least 2 more weeks. lol

Pssh damn right sex is boring when you're pregnant!! I never realized how much I would miss my skinny body until I actually got this fat.. Jadyn doesn't move much when me and Travis are "in the moment" so thats not something that we worry about lol.. He actually doesn't move too much at all anymore because he has no room.. He gets hiccups like 3 or 4 times a  day and sits and punches away down by my crotch but thats nothing that Travis could feel anyway lol

Well.. I'll make a mental note not to eat pineapple unless I want a belly ache and a headache.. But 2 pounds of pineapple.. wow lol you really do want conner out!!

LOL i like the optimism you have even after eating 2 pounds of gut turing, headache causing pineapple.. Wish I was at home so I had some sort of entertainment other than sitting at this stupid computer looking up anything and everything on the internet.. know anything good I could look up?? Most sites are blocked.. and Im running out of ideas.. so far I have estimated the exact amount of how much it will cost to furnish a house (Im thinking about renting a duplex somewhere around feb. or march)
And in the case that Jadyn is born before halloween I have looked up "mommy baby" costumes..(I think we will go as a kangaroo and a joey.)

lol.. Im running out of creativity.
Betty-Manda

Betty it isn't to soon I dont think. Im only 37 and 4 days, and im trying like I have never tried before. Hubby told me to just start pushing and maybe he will fly out...lmfao I highly doubt it.

And yes...I so want Conner out lol, he is an estimated 8 pounds 2 ounces right now, which is a normal size for me, but im 4'9 with a very itty bitty torso...and I haven't seen my feet to change my nail polish in a long time! So im def. desperate lol.

I do the same thing, I sit here on my computer and google c r a p out of no where. I once googled the word *dork* and even though I know the *scientific* meaning for it, I had to look it up lol. I even went as far as chasing my poor kitties around the house on all fours...and man does that hurt lol. But my kids joined in and it was fun lol.

Then there is the poor DH, the target of every single thing I can possibly throw at him lol. Wether it be words of hormones, or popping him on the butt with a wet towel, he gets the brunt of it all lol. So I know how the bordom sets in lol.

ooo Contraction.....maybe im digesting lmao
he makes jadyn look puney in comparison (he was 3 pounds 8 ounces at my 34 week ultrasound, hopefully around 4 pounds 8 ounces or 5 pounds now.)

lmao omg I always chase my cat around on all 4s!! I would play with George that way too but he has a nice way of prancing and he would probably knock me on my butt.. But I love doing that with Chauncey.. I think he hates me now though ever since I have kicked him out of my closet he's been giving me evil looks.

i should just find a dictionary and start typing things into google.. ugh 2 more hours and then I can go home and go to bed.
I hope that labor comes quickly and naturally for you SOON!  I remember those awful last few weeks.  I was SOOO ready to go into labor!  I think I tried every remedy discussed here and then some!! (I don't think I read bouncing on an exercise ball anywhere...and I also started trying to use my breastmilk pump!!!  LOL!!  It brought on contractions, but didnt put me in labor)

However, here are my humble two cents on this thread...My doctor said he would induce me anytime after 39 weeks.  We scheduled an induction 5 days before my daughter's due date.  She was a healthy 8lb1oz, 21in long, and had fantastic apgar scores after birth.  Everything seemed perfect...until about two days after she was born.  We realized she had acid reflux and it was a nightmare in our household for 4 months until we figured out the correct formula/medication combo to treat her.  She is now a happy, healthy 2 year old BUT BUT BUT I always wonder if being "induced" was a bad idea.  What if she wasn't really ready to come and I forced her out before she was fully developed?  I realize that 5 days early isn't a huge deal in the scheme of things...but I would take 5 more days of being pregnant over living in reflux he$$ for so long.  Does that make sense?  The most important thing is that your little one is healthy and fully ready to come into the world.  I have already told myself that I will NOT be induced whenever I get pregnant with my 2nd.  I will let nature run it's course and let my baby enter the world when they are ready.  Now I just need you ladies to remind me of that when I'm VERY pregnant and miserable!!  LOL!!!

Hugs to you ladies!  I DO understand all of the frustrations and emotions with being very pregnant!  I hope the last few days/weeks for all of you are comfortable and enjoyable!  :)
lol, My cats hates me I know that for sure. Unless crawling up in bed and biting your nose is some weird sign of affection lmao. I have nice little teeth marks on the tip of my nose.

My hubby says that *us women need to get handicap stickers* so that *they the men, dont have to walk so far from the parking lot to the store when having to buy us tampons, or pickles and ice cream at 2am* lmao

Poor hubby, he is just grouchy because I ate all the pineapple and didnt share lol
Amy

Thank you very much! It's always nice when we can find other women who understand our groans and moans of pregnancy. I would have thanked you earlier in my recent post, but somehow it didnt show up until I hit the back button on I.E. lol Stupid computer.

amy- Thanks, that was a nice way of putting it.. Don't get me wrong.. I dont WANT to be induced if I dont have to be.. but for some reason my doctor has made it look pretty likely for me because my baby is too small and his growth is slowing down at a considerable rate..

Bts- lmao I think cats do bite because they love you!! Chauncey always bit my ears at night..(hes not allowed in my room anymore..)
I also have a ledge that is about 8 inches long that goes around my room, well it runs under my window and he thinks its cool to climb up my bed, up the ledge, and walk over and sit in my window.. then when he gets sick of that he climbs off the ledge, on my bed, and back to the floor.. One night he did it I swear 200 times.. I was getting SO mad.. (thats why hes not allowed in my room anymore.. That and the fact that he thinks all Jadyn's stuff is his.. He tries to sleep in his bouncer and he sits under his jumper and gets it all full of cat hair..)

lmao travis has actually been pretty nice to me lately.. I think he realizes how emotional and tired of being fat i am though.. so he just tries to be nice cuz he knows if he turns into a grouch ill go on one of my "Im not talking to you ever again" streaks and not talk to him for like a month.. (I've done this about 3 times so far during my pregnancy..Once was because he was being "cocky" on the phone.. lmao Im crazy sometimes I think.)
Manda-

Your lucky to be able to do that, I tell hubby im not talking to him ever again...and 5 seconds later im yelling at him for something else lol. I wish I could just make him disappear sometimes. he is a good man don't get me wrong, but with neither of us working, and being cooped up in this house together 24/7 for the last 8 months is driving me NUTS! I try to go outside and have a smoke and read a magazine.....and he just has to follow me like a lost little puppy dog lol.

Speaking of which, he wants me to come look at this oh so cool raccoon that is getting into my trash lol
lol.. Idk how I do it.. I can just be like "Yup not talking to you" and just not even be bothered by it for like a month.. It's strange because normally i would be like "Okay Amanda that was really stupid.." but no I let my stubbornness take over I guess (Im a taurus though.. so Im known for it. lol)

The only thing that ***** is that Travis is a Leo so he can be just as bad as me if he wants to be.. he hasn't been too bad since the 15 year old thing.. he has actually pretty much kissed my ***.. but i think hes scared of what will happen if he doesnt.. fine with me though, im not about to complain lol

Racoons are mean! my aunt had one on the side of her apartment building once and it was hissing and spitting and stuff.. like it was rabid or something.. Travis said if nocturnal animals were out during the day they have rabies.. is that seriously true?? Im gullible and he likes to pull my leg alot lol. then I always feel dumb.. Once he told me that they call it the flea market because it all started because a man had a dog that had fleas and he wanted to sell it.. there was more to it but I believed him and then one day I was telling the story to someone else and he burst out laughing and was like "I MADE THAT ALL UP!!" lol I felt really stupid..
Being a vet tech, normally if a noctournal  animal is out during the day they are generally sick, but we live in a wooded area so we see them all the time. And it wasn't a raccoon in my garbage, he just wanted an exscuse for me to walk by the back door so he could moon me while he smokes lmao. My husband is 26 going to be 27 in december and you would never know it lmao he acts like a 12 year old sometimes. He even argues over cartoons with my 2 and 4 yr olds lol.

lmao @ the flea market thing, I have never heard of that, but always wondered why they called it a flea market and not a flee market lol. Im gullible too...sometimes really bad. One day hubby and I were sitting outside smoking and he is like *look honey a flock of turtles, as he points to the sky, and I actually got all excited and looked* Then about 10 min later he looks behind me and point and goes babe look a herd of geese, and once again I got all excited and looked lmao.

Hubby had a so called accident with a 12 yr old...not as bad as it sounds, but this one girl was walking down the street with big boobs, tight revealing shirt, and mini skirt, and he was all checking her out, and im fine with it and everything, until we met them and found out she was 12 lmao. He was so sick to his stomach lol. I thought it was hilarious. I said * see what happens honey when you look at other women* they aren't always what you think lol.

He went and hit on this blond chick before, his friend told me this, at mardi gras in austin texas, and the chick turned around because he whispered behind her that she had a nice a$$, and when she turned around.....you could sooooo tell it was a guy lmao. I about died laughing when I heard that story.
lol your husband sounds like a hoot.. Travis likes to do dumb stuff like that too.. He likes to pretend that george is his baby.. Today when I went to the house to pick him up for work he was carrying him around like a baby with a cheesy little smile on his face..

He also likes to sing songs at the top of his lungs when we are driving in my car.. Most of the time its Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears or something of that nature.. He makes me laugh alot because of the dumb stuff he does.. and the stupid faces he always makes at me..

Seems like your husband and you are meant to be.. lol everytime he tries to check out another "woman" it ends in disaster, might as well tell him its a sign from god..

I think the situation with the 15 year old is that Travis realized after being "with her" for a couple weeks that she was actually really dumb and immature.. a few nights after they broke up she was gonna go out to the house and he called me and begged me to go over there.. so i went over there just so that when his rommate called and said he was bringing her there he could say that i was there and she wouldn't go..
like 2 weeks after they broke up she went to his house all wasted with his roommate and went down in his room and was telling him they needed to talk.. well I told him that if he ever talked to her again I was done so he literally left the house and walked all the way to my house at like 2:30 in the morning.. lol my house is probably about a 15 minute walk from his house.. and he sat outside my window trying to wake me up.  I didn't wake up so he fell asleep in my front yard and his friend had to come and find him..
What was he thinking! Atleast he knows now that if he didn't straighten up he would lose what he has. Many men don't seem to understand that until it is to late. I always wonder how I managed to hold on to this one for the 4 years we have been together lol. I was never the type of girl to have serious relationships because of abandonment issues. but one way or another I just couldnt scare him away lol, and believe me I tried damn hard lol.

But im gonna make this my last post. I need to get some sleep as I have a docs appointment at 9am tomorrow for this weird dent and bump on my belly.

Take it easy, and goodnight!
Reflexology is meant to work. Theres a vein that run's from your heel (don't know where) to your uterus. So ask your partner for a foot massage. And it helps that it feels good to. LOL
Maybe I missed it (I didn't read all the posts), but when is your due date?
Im due Oct 14th