Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Trying to Conceive-I need support!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Trying to Conceive-I need support!

Hi all! this si my first post! I went to the doctor this month and she told me to start tracking my cycles because once my husband and I started trying in May my periods decided to come every other month. I am so worried and stressed out. I try so hard not to stress and not to worry. But, I just feel defeated!! over the next two months I will keep tracking everything and go back to my doctor. I hope nothing is wrong! I just need some support because well my husband can only be somewhat supportive. He is great but does not totally understand! Any advice? im willing to try anything natural at this point! I just want a baby!!
I can tell you that it took my husband and I from November 2010 till July 2011 till we finally conceived! It takes the average healthy couple 6 months to 1 year to conceive, so try not to stress too much. It's not unusual for it to take some time. Like your Dr. said, track your cycles, maybe even take your BBT (basal body temperature) and track that. The menstrual tracking on this site was very helpful to me. And just remember, enjoy being with your husband! Enjoy each others' company and love each other.

And if you have any questions, the ladies on this site are very helpful and supportive. Best of luck and super sticky baby dust!
I agree. You should try to chart your bbt if you can. My DH and I started ttc in late January, early February of 2009. We got pregnant in September of 2009, but it ended in a miscarriage, and my cycles were erratic and I was diagnosed with PCOS. With the help of Clomid, to induce ovulation (wasn't ovulating), we got pregnant again in March of 2010. Lexi is now almost 10 months old. So, it took us roughly 13-14 months to conceive  a healthy pregnancy. I charted  my bbt, and I honestly feel thats what helped me to conceive on my first round of clomid. For more info on charting your bbt you can visit www. tcoyf . com
Try not to stress as this is no help, believe me I know what you are going through!. I have had irregular cycles. Just recently I did not have a cycle for 5months. So dr gave me provera I had a cycle last mponth (Aug and Sept). I brought an OPK and i detected my LH surge last month but no pregnancy. Also had cycle this month on my own no help from pill. So i started testing today for ovulation. Although u have irregular cycle does not mean you cannot get prego its just a lil harder/trickier. Dont give up I've been married 11yrs and I refuse to. We have no babies at all.Dr is making us an appointment to go to specialist. Hurray, im excited.But I do hope u consider the clear blue easy digital ovulation kit. It really works.
stress is a great contraception, and can make your cycle go haywire, its easier said than done but try not to stress as long as you dont have anything wrong making a baby should be fun ;)
I'm praying for you and your bubby!! We are going threw the same thing. I go Monday for a blood test!!