Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Unknown Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Unknown Pregnancy

I did not know I was pregnant until my 10th week. I have just started my life over with my husband after his indecression and we would go out in the evenings with his friends for a few drinks. I was having my cycle so I did not know I was pregnant. Will my consumption of alcohol during my frist weeks cause any permnent damages to our unborn? Can I make any changes that will help correct any damage.
Also just to let everyone know I am now 12 weeks and Dr's say it's all perfect, heartbeat, movement, development hormones everything. So do I really need to be as worried as I am?
Can someone please help me with my worries?
Since it's pretty early in the pregnancy, there's probably no need to worry. However, you should probably stop drinking for the remainder of your pregnancy or else serious issues like Fetal Alcohol Disease/Syndrome can appear.
Ever since I found out I have been doing all the right things for us.
as long as the baby is ok and the doctor is giving you the a okay i wouldn't worry so much. you could ask the ob to keep an extra eye on the baby, request extra u/s's and what not.
I am sure everything will be fine with the baby, and since the doctor isn't concerned, then I would try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy. You already said that you have stopped, and that is the important thing. Congrats and good luck to you. :)
I had several drinks in the beggining of a few of my pregnancies, since i got pregnant on BC and was not expecting a baby. as soon as i knew I stopped and the octor said everything would be fine, as long as i stopped, so the baby did'nt get addicted or suffer side effects. i had a perfectly healthy baby both times. So don't stress your self out stress is probably worse for the baby than the alcohol before you knew you were pregnant, just don't do it know. good luck  
I'm sure you are just fine.  If a crack head can have a baby then your few drinks in the first few weeks most likely won't make a difference.  If it was everyday, then that might have a different outcome.  Congrats!
Its unlikely early alcohol consumption would cause damage to your baby.