Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Update and Question!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Update and Question!!!!

So I finally got to see my doctor today!! It's been 6 weeks because I forgot to schedule one at my last appointment(I forget everything lately!!) I am 24.6 weeks today and happy to say I have finally gained some weight!! I gained 6 lbs in the past 6 weeks, so im up to a 7 lb gain:) I had my one hour glucous test done too!! That stuff sure does taste better than I remember, lol! So anyways  when my doctor comes into the room and asked about any symtoms (symptoms) or problems im having I told her about my hernia. I noticed it about 4 weeks ago, I was worried but not too much. She starts pressing on it, that made it hurt!! She seemed really worried!! When she went to measure me tummy, she was feeling around for a while, I asked her how big I was measuring cause my belly is sooooo big!! She said that she wasnt positive, somewhere between 23 or 24 cm!! Thats normal but I asked why she wasnt sure and she said that the hernia was hard to feel around!! Im freaking out by now cause I thought my hernia was just around my belly button!! My uterus was measuring above my navel a few inches!!  My doctor said that they would probably do surgery on it and I said dont they usually wait untill after the baby was born to do that and she said not usually!!! OMG! She referred me to a general surgen. I left and went up to the front desk to schedule all my appointments and the  lady told me that a woman that was in earlier had to schedule an appointment for surgery and she was 30 weeks!! What is with my hospital!! So I have an appointment with the surgen for next Tuesday and I hope that if they have to do surgery that they will wait untill my baby is more viable!!  Im kinda stressing!!
Anyone eles have to have surgery while pregnant???
No I haven't... but I did/do have hernias around my belly button.  (Umbilical hernias)  I did have the large ones repaired a few years ago, but they couldn't correct all of them.  So, I was warned that when I do become pregnant (hopefully again soon) that once my belly begins to grow, there would most likely be some pain.  But, my doctors did tell me that they wanted to repair any hernias that became more pronounced AFTER I had the baby.  So, maybe yours are bad enough that they feel it would be more detrimental to leave them.  I understand the pain without being pregnant and having the added pressure of a child pushing on them... so I can only imagine how irritating it is for you!  Good luck and I hope everything else goes well ;)
Thanks for the advice:) Do you mind me asking how they repair them??
I guess I will just pray that tuesdy comes quickly and talk to the surgen:(