Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Upper abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Upper abdominal pain

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and having some upper abdominal pain.  It comes and goes but when I am having it, it's pretty sharp.  The pain is above my belly button and only lasts for a second or two, then goes away.  

Any thoughts???  I'm pretty worried about it.
I'm not sure what it could be but I remember with my 2nd pregnancy, I got this horrible pain and the upper abdominal area.  It was so bad infact that it woke me up from a dead sleep.  I was about 10 weeks pregnant.  I wasn't too concerned about the baby because of how high up the pain was.  I thought if it was the baby, the pain would probably be lower.  Anyway, I went to the ER just to be safe.  They really couldn't ever give me a reason or cause for that pain.  They made sure the baby was okay.  I, to this day, don't know what that pain was.  I still get it from time to time and I have no idea what it is but I don't think that it is your baby.  I'm sure your baby is fine but if it really is worrying you, you should probably call your doctor just to be safe and to give you peace of mind.
Does it go in your back at all? A lot of women have galbladder problems (stones, inflammation etc.) in pregnancy, and after. Something about pregnancy does it! I would contact your Dr. Probably isn't galbladder but may be, best to get it checked out. Good Luck, hopefully just some gas pains!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers