Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Urgent: Please Help, I'm too upset!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Urgent: Please Help, I'm too upset!

My last menstruation started on the 10th of October. The only time my husband and I had sex and he ejaculated inside me was on the 27th of October (he usually pulls out). After I experienced every pregnancy symptom you can think off (back pain, fatigue, sore breast, headaches, missed period, etc) I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive (on the 19th of November). The next day I went to see my Dr. and i was told that according to the scan the sac is 7.8mm when it should be double that size according to the calculations and that I was 5 weeks pregnant. They scheduled another appointement for me on the 28th of November. After the scan i was told that the sac has increased to 12.4 mm but that it is empty. And although my symptoms have decreased a lot, I still have sore breasts and food cravings, and little pains around my uterus area (not really cramps), frequent urination. Although it was suggested for me to take medication to help a miscarriage, I insisted on waiting another week. Is there any chance my Dr. is mistaken and that this could turn out to be a normal pregnancy? How will this affect my chances of getting pregnant if it does turn out to be a blighted ovum? (I've had a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum four month ago).Please help I'm very upset and confused? How measures can I take to ensure a full term pregnancy? (I know ensuring a full-term pregnancy is not possible because nothing is 100% guaranteed). Please I need proper advice because because I can't keep going through this and noone is giving me satisfactory reassurances or explanations (not my Dr. and not three other Dr.'s I went to for advise). :-(

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
if you are miscarring there is nothing that will stop it but i think you are right to ask them to wait a week you never know doctors have been wrong before and the sac has growen i know what you are going through i went foe my 12 scan on the 12 of nov this year and my baby had stoped growing at 5 weeks i did not want them to do anything to speed up the progress so i wated an other week for things to happen naturally i took 8 weeks from when the baby had stoped growing till it came out but my doctor told my it does happen that woman have there dates wrong or it was not a clear enough picture just wait till you know for deffenit i know that whole week from when i found out it had stoped growing till i miscarried was like limbo ever thime i went to the toilet and there was no blood i was hoping aginst hope they were wrong and i was one of those people you hear about having the miricale but i was not but i hope you are let us know    goob luck and best wishes
Thank you for replying. Yeah, thats exactly what im hoping (that they are wrong) especially that i believe I got pregnant on the 27th of October but they keep telling me my calculations are wrong. I really dont know. And they insisted that a scan could not be mistaken and that it is definitely clear.
Thank  you and best wishes to you too. Hopefully you'll carry full-term soon.
I think you are smart for waiting.  Just like neasyc said drs have been wrong and scans have missed pregnancies a lot especially early on.  Even a day in early pregnancy can make a huge difference.  Sometimes I think we rely on drs too much.  Also, you know your body the doc doesn't.  I'm exactly as far along as you are.  I'm positive I conceived on the 27th of Oct. and my first appt is today.  Good luck with everything and keep us updated.
thanx, good luck to you too. Hope everything goes well with you. Let us know what happens.
i don't know whether what my Dr. has been telling me is making me paranoid... Are your pregnancy signs by any chance less than say ten days ago? Mine are. However, my cravings are stronger and my breasts are more sore. But the need to sleep most of the day for example is gone. Any thoughts on that?
Thank you.