Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Very faint second line on hpt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Very faint second line on hpt

I took an answer hpt a few minutes ago.  Instead of a BFN, I got one solid line along with a very very faint second line.  Does that mean that the hcg is just starting to show & that I am preg?  My boobs started hurting a few days ago & are progressively getting worse (still not awful yet).  Anyway my real question is, how many of you have taken an hpt & got a very faint line?  Where are of you preg?  I'd like to know 4 sure b4 I tell my hubby & we get all excited.
ME!!!! I saw that VERY FAINT line, and I WAS!!!! CONGR>

GIRL....Now you know I'm over here getting excited for you.  Did you use the 1st morning urine?  God said it, and that settles it!  So we'll claim that BFP.  CONGRATS...this is your season MA!
how far along were you when you got the faint line?  YAY!!!!!!  Now I'm so excited!  How long after the faint line did you wait to retest?  How long did it take to get a BFP?  Sorry, I know I'm just full of questions!  I was just expecting another BFP & I actually got a very faint line this time.
Me too! I had two tests that showed those results. I retested like 2-3 days after and got two positives! Hcg supposedly doubles everyday youre pregnant so just wait a couple days. My first signs were sore boobs too. I thought I was gonna get my period because I was cramping like i normally do, but then nothing so I tested and I was pregnant. I miscarried at 7-8 weeks though. Congratulations to you though! I hope everything works out great.
even if you get a faint line u r pregnant!!!!! it just means that your hcg levels are low which means you might not be very far along your hcg has to be at least 50 to get a positive result so you are pregnant if u wait until tomorrow or the next day your line will be darker!!!!!!!!
And I was about 3 weeks when I got the faint line I believe. And only two days later I got positive tests!
I was about 3 weeks along! I retested that same day!LOL just to make sure of what I was seeing! I Had a OB appointment for the next day just for my yearly but I had called and told them about the + test. and For sure I was!!!! Good luck to you!!!!
How far along do you think you could be? That is so great. I know it says it on the pamphlet that the hpt comes with, that if you get a faint pos, that you usually are preggers....congrats...Just curious how far along you think you are? Did u miss your period?
The only way that faint line would not be conclusive is if you waited longer than the waiting period in the directions.  ie: if you had to wait 10 minutes and you noticed the faint line 20 minutes later I would do another test.  Congratulations!
YAY thanks everyone!  I'm going crazy.  I called my hubby at work.  I called my mom.  And I texted all my friends.  Haha!  It's finally happened.  I can't believe it.  Jame0223 I'm very sorry 4 you loss, but Jesus will provide again when the time is right!  
I like your comment,i also done test 3 times day i found out....gobsmacked.

CONGRATS angelf,keep us informed,best of luck..
Well I got my last period on Sep 6, I believe I was ovulating between the 20-25 (sometime in that area).  My heart starting beating faster, I almost couldn't believe my eyes.  It's very faint, but it is there.
Yes I know he will and I cant wait until he does. Congratulations, Im very happy for you. I hope everything turns out perfect and in a few months youll have a healthy baby in your arms!
thanks.  Now I'm excited.
Congratulatins!!!! I got my faint line positive with an answer test 8 dpo! Congrats again and I wish you a happy nine months!!!!
I am so excited for you!  Congratulations.  I had the very very faint line in both my pregnancies.  Called the company both times!  Any line no matter how faint is a postive.  Keep us posted and God has blessed you greatly!
thanks everyone!  I didn't want to get overly excited.  It shocked me when I saw the faint line.  It's strange, I really feel preg so I don't know why a + test was so shocking, I guess because I had a few - results & it made me lose hope.  I called my hubby at work & he doesn't want to get too happy till we get a BFP.  I'm ready to go out & start buying baby stuff!  HAHA then my husband would really think I'm crazy.  I've called almost everyone I can, but I haven't gotten a hold of his mom yet.  YAY!  Congrats to all you other mommies to be out there.  May God bless us all with wonderful, stress free, healthy pregnacies.  To all you out there trying, don't give up hope, it will happen when the time is right.
Intuition!  Good luck and go ahead a get a little excited at least!
yes, a line is a line.  mine was very faint and then got darker each day.  by 7 days after my missed period the 2nd line was darker than the permanent line.

so congrats!!!!
OHHH it's still so shocking & surreal.  I don't think it's really really hit me yet.  I want to cry, scream, jump, shout, dance all at once.  Every since I was little I wanted to be a mommy.  God is so good!!!!!  Is it to early to start buying baby stuff!  HAHA.  Wow, I can't believe it.  We are really having a baby!  

On another subject, how bad do your boobs start hurting?  Mine are not terrible yet, but they are tender.  What are the bumps on my nipples?  Please tell me all pregnant woman get them!  Lastnight my husband said to me, I don't remember your breast looking so strange (haha sorry 4 that, but I thought it was funny).  Him saying that is what led me to test again this morning.  
I'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything.  I hope I have the same blessing when I retest again.  Didnt you tes sunday and get a bfn?  Thats when I tested and got a bfn.  I want to test again too but i dont want to waste money and get a BFn again and get myself all upset so I am trying to wait.  How far along do you think you are?
Yeah I tested Sunday & got a BFN!  I know the feeling with wasting money!  I have one test left & I'm waiting till Sunday, so hopefully it will be a BFP!  I think I was ovulating around the 20-25th(sometime in that area).  I pray you get the results you want with the next test.  My hubby is still in doubt, he wants to see a BFP before he gets all excited.  
I have read and read about this stuff and i have seen a bunch that even a faint line means YOU R Pregnant!  So best of luck.  Thanks!
Thanks again everyone, I'm happy & still wondering at the same time.  I guess I won't fully believe it till I get a BFP.  I've already called everyone & told them, now I feel kinda scared.  What if it was a false +?  I need prayer b4 I stress.  Pray that I am indeed preg & that Sun morning when I retest I get a BFP & that the baby is healthy.  I've been wanting this so bad, that I can't believe it really is happening.
Unless you were taking fertility drugs or recently miscarried (in the last 30-60) days, I don't think you CAN get a false positive. False negatives are common, but not false positives. :) I did the same thing with mine...it was a very faint line and my husband wouldn't believe it until I heard from the doctor. I went to the doc the same day, took a urine and blood test there...got another faint line on their urine test...on the way home bought 2 more tests, took one that night and one the next morning...just to make sure. :) By the way, the one the next morning was much darker than the morning before. Take another one tomorrow morning and you should feel a little better.

CONGRATULATIONS! :)
Sunday?  Meaning that you're going to wait an entire week?  I cant wait that long :) I'm going to need for you to retest tomorrow.  Well Maybe Thursday!  You know when good things happen for one of us, they happen for us all!
Hha I know I want to retest now!!!!  HAHA but at the risk of rushing out & spending all our money on test I'm going to wait atleast a few days, if I can :)  I'm going to buy 1 or 2 cheap test today, so I may test again Thur & save the First Response till Sun.  My hubby still is in denial, I think I will have to take 50 hpt's and 20 bt's before he starts getting excited.  I guess we both jus don't want to get our hopes up.  Pray I get a BFP soon, so he will start sharing in my joy.  
CONGRATS MORE THAN LIKELY YOU ARE PREGNANT I ALSO GOT A FAINT SECOND LINE BUT TRY A CLEARBLUE EASY DIGITAL THOSE ARE THE BEST THEY SAY PREGNANT OR NOT WELL CONGRATS
Thanks I will do that.  I'm about to go out & run some errands in a few minutes, so I will try to pick one up.