Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Visitors after baby is born

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Visitors after baby is born

Now I already told my friends that no one was going to be in the delivery room besides my boyfriend and my mom when the baby is born, so they're fine with that. What I haven't told them yet is that I don't think I even want anyone visiting us besides family the same day that the baby's born because I'll probably be exhausted, ad family alone would still be like 15-20 holding my baby right after she's born. Did any of you ladies have a lot of visitors the first day? Was it overwhelming for you? How should I go about telling them they have to wait till the second day when I feel more up to it? I have some stubborn friends who insist on being stuck up my *** and I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Take the easy way out and have the nurses not let anyone else back when you start feeling overwhelmed
Me and my bf will be the only ones in the room when its time. i dont plan on telling anyone im even at the hospital until the baby is born and we get the time we want with her. I want to be able to relax and enjoy our baby together before other people come in. we both have HUGE families and i know ill get annoyed when they all rush in. the only people i want coming in the hospital is my mom sister and his younger sister.. his parents will be in europe so they wont see the baby for a month or so after. i also want to try to breastfeed and i dont need people smothering me. After the baby comes home i plan on having my friends come over to see the baby.. its totally up to u tho i know ill be annoyed so im telling people to stay away ahead of time
I don't plan on telling anyone except my family and my best friend that I am in labor, and I have made it expressly clear to them that nothing is to be posted on facebook until I post something first. After the baby is born and we've had some  bonding time we will tell our close friends they can come see us, and then when we go home we will tell everyone else. That way not everyone will be trying to see us at the hospital
And by my family I mean hubbys family too, obviously.
When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad had a crazy ex girlfriend. She wrote a letter telling my dad she couldn't wait to hold THEIR daughter and count her little fingers and toes. So there was more security personal when I was born, and they told my mom make a list of people you want to come see you. Finally that lady stopped. But if you ask the doctor or hospital you can make a list of people you want to be able to come in, because the person has to ask to go back and see you.
I had a swarm of family after the baby was born and i hated it...i was so tired, all i wanted to do was sleep and no one would let me. This go round, im trying to figure out the best way to keep them all away for 24 hrs. Minimum...we ll see how it goes. I hate pushy family lil. I k.ow they just love us, but really? Ahh just leave me alone lol. If you can keep folks away for a bit id say go for it. Ur gonna be tired and sore, and its just not necessary to have all that thrown on you too.
I had my nina, my mom, my bf, my father in law, n sister in law there after I had my son only my mom n bf were in the delivery room I made it pretty clear I didn't want anyone to come I don't like the fact of everyone holding my newborn. nobody but my mom n bf knew I was in labor because I didn't want people coming in right after I had him when I was close to pushing is when my bf told his dad n sister. Make it clear to people if you don't want them there its YOUR newborn u have a right to say what u feel
My friend put on her Facebook that she would let people know when she was ready for visitors because it was a special time for her and her family, and here sister would gently remind people that they weren't ready for visitors yet, while keeping everybody updated on how her and the baby were doing. I don't think asking them to wait a while is asking too much. They should be able to respect that.
I have a lot of friends and almost all of them visited me the first day . I was beyond annoyed and I really wanted them to leave . I know it sounds bad but you really just want to bond with your baby . I made it clear to every one that after we left the hospital I didn't want anyone at my house for at least a week. They were kind of upset but they got over it . I guess it's hard for some to understand that you need rest and you want alone time after adding someone new to the fam.
Just let the nurses know that you don't want any visitors until you say... They will tell whoever that no one is allowed up even if its family you don't want up to visit they will tell them. Let them know this when you first check into the hospital
My entire family is gonna be there and I'm freaking out about all the germs. And my mom smokes and she's gonna wanna hold the baby and make her smell like smoke
I just plainly told friends that the only visitors allowed were family and the same now - we brought our lil one home I have a ban on any non family visitors because we would like some quality time with her and some sort of routine before everyone starts coming round. People will understand that youre not up to visitors - start as you mean to go on and tell them straight x
I didn't have a lot of visitors, but if you don't want visitors definitely say something! It's your choice and if you feel up to it later you can always let people know. Plus you never know how things will go, I ended up in labor for 22 hrs before needing a c section, so I was exhausted! Luckily I told my family I only wanted certain people to visit and even that was too much right after.