Pregnancy 18-24 Community
WARNING ABOUT SUBCHROINIC BLEEDING I just gave birth to my 18weeks dau...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

WARNING ABOUT SUBCHROINIC BLEEDING I just gave birth to my 18weeks daughter

I just thought I would share my story with you ladies and to give waring to mother who has subchorionic bleeding (hemorrhage). On July 11Th (day after my wedding) I started gushing blood we went to the ER and after an U/S I was diagnosed with subchorionic bleed on my left side and was informed that baby was fine and will be fine. I went to see my doctor and she informed me they same thing and that I could continue with my daily activities. Around August 23rd I started to have pains in my hip area on my left side I thought maybe it was due to the fact I just returned back to work the week before from MET leave with my daughter (  I live in Canada so I get a year off). The following week after on August 30Th I decided I couldn't handle the pain anymore and went to the ER they preformed an ultrasound on August 31st but they figured it had nothing to do with baby so they just checked around my uterus on my right side and found nothing. That night the pain started to go to my lower abdominal and since I have not gained any weight up to that point and actually lost weight I could physically see were my uterus was and about every 10 mins it looked and felt like my baby was balling up and that my uterus was tightening up as well. By 4 am that night the feeling went away. The next day Sept 1st I spent the day playing with my doppler to keep an eye on my baby through out the day I continued what everyone I talked to was braxton hicks since they never regulated though out the day. Around 8 pm they started to regulate and were coming again about every 10 mins. Around 11pm I decided to call my husband home from work and that we needed to go to the hospital at 11:30 we were on our way to the hospital and the pain started to get more intense. We went up to L&D and the doctor informed me that yes what I was feeling was contracting and that I was right (I have two other children and I know what labour feels like). That she wanted to check if I was dilated and if I was then there was nothing they could do since I was only 18weeks, just that maybe if they gave me an IV it would slow down and I could make it to 20weeks for them to stitch me up. She took a very quick look and told me that I was dilated and the membrane was bulging out and to send me to a delivery room. All the nurses kept saying how sorry the were and at that moment I realized what was going to happen. They hooked me up to an IV and gave me gravel and demerol for the pain. My daughter was born at 1:05am Sept. 2nd with my husband and my 11 month old daughter at her and my side. The nurse informed me that she was already dead but a few minutes of me holding me I could see her heart beating I showed the doctor and he agreed with me. She was completely formed she looked like a normal baby just very small she weighed 152 grams and was 19 cm long. She lived for 1 hour and 36 mins, and left this earth at 2:41 am. Went the doctor looked over the placenta he asked if I had any bleeding though out the pregnancy and I told him about the hemorrhage he told me that it looked like the bleeding continues and was caught behind the placenta and slowly pulled it away for the wall and that's what caused labour to start.

I just wanted to share my story with you guys to inform any women dealing with subchorionic bleeding to make sure your doctor is watching it constantly, I feel if my was watched my daughter would have made it to 24 weeks were she could have had a chance to stay with me for longer then what she did.
I'm so sorry for your loss my prayers are with you and your family
I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
OMG Honey, I am SOO sorry you had to go through this! :(  

Doctors can be such idiots I swear!!

Please know that I am thinking about you during this time and hope that you and your family will heal from this and be blessed again in the future with a healthy full term pregnancy if you so choose!
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure this will help another Mother.
I can't imagine your pain and grief with the loss of your daughter. I'm terribly sorry you went through this.
Peace to you and your entire family.
Thank you for sharing your difficult story. I am saddened for your family. I will pray for your strength and peace with this situation. Hopefully your story will help save the life of another baby.
I'm am so sorry for your families loss. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
I'm so sorry for your lose. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  
so sorry to hear your story and really feel for you and your family for the loss of your little girl - I will be thinking of you all.
I am sorry for your loss!..
With any bleeding docs should have kept a closer eye on you, they are getting more stupid by the day I swear.

This advice got me through alot... It might for you too...

'Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happend'

Thinking of you.
Again I am sorry!

xx
i am so sorry to hear this but your story will help others and has helped me by reading it i just lost my baby due to a subchorionic hemorrhage aswell the doctor said it would make no difference and to carry on as normal but it turns out they do have an impact on the pregnancy and other women need to know this.
well done for getting your story out there
take care and god bless
xxxxx
im so sorry for your loss! thinking of you and your family! x
I am incredibly sorry for your loss....you and your family are in my prayers!
XxX
I can't belive it I got married two weeks ago today and the morning of my wedding I started gushing blood. I went to my doctor and she has put me on bed rest but I'm still bleeding lightly I've called the Drs office twice and they said it's fine just stay in bed. I'm only 14 weeks. But I also have been feeling alot of pains in my right side. This is so scary. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm going to go in and Monday and have them check me.