Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Want a baby!!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Want a baby!!!!

I am infertle my sister in law offered to be a surrogate for us and said we could use her eggs but my husband has to provide the sperm. Is this legal if so what risks are involved?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1966562_tn?1339823126
I would check the laws in your state. I would also be concerned with any birth detects it genetic defects because essentially your husband would be impregnating his sister. Did you try to find any other surrogates in your family?
Blank
I don't think it's legal my main concern is a genetic disorder that may happen cus they are brother and sister. I understand you said you were infertile does that mean your eggs are infertile? Or perhaps your uterus that can not hold child. Sorry if it's to personal but I'm trying to suggest something that doesn't involve "inbreeding"
Blank
1943295_tn?1388242924
Its not impregnating his sister if its his brothers wife?!?!?! If that's the case....its not illegal and most states just require her to sign a waver saying she is donating her eggs....its just like a Guy donating his sperm! Also may have to have a lawyer drawl up a contract saying she is being a surrogate!
Blank
I would also be concerned abt genetic issues if her brother would be fertilizing her egg, but if its your brothers wife, I wouldn't be concerened...could you clarify how she is your sister n law hun..;-)
Blank
^okay but who knows the circumstances it sounded like sister brother not in laws as you explained it.
Your right with your post but you can lose the ?!?!?!??
Blank
My cousins wife can't have kids either, and my cousins sister (almost my cousin) was a surrogate mother for them. They are brother and sister and they let them do it. We live in Maryland, but check with all the legal stuff in yoir state.
Blank
Also, my baby cousin turned out 100% okay and she is now a very energetic three year old.
Blank
If they could use your eggs it would be OK, otherwise a sisters egg and brothers sperm would be bad. If you ciuld find donner eggs, why couldnt they implat you if it is just your eggs that are the problem?
Blank
I would b scared that after she had the baby she wouldn't want to give it to u. It would actually b hers and ur husbands baby and she can change her mind at any time. Most people get attached to a baby while they're carrying it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...