Pregnancy 18-24 Community
What are the do's and don't while trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

We are planning to go to the doctor tomorrow for a pre-conception checkup.
More than the doctor I believe the experienced in this platform can advice me.
So friends can you give your tips ?
Start some prenatal vitamins, reduce alcohol intake, quit smoking. Just generally get your body as healthy as it can be, including a healthy weight. If you are going off any type of hormone based birth control, give your body a couple of months to ajust before you expect to see that positive. Some people it happens immediately but others it takes a while. I have never personally tracked my cycle or temperatures. I am on my third and we have just had sex everysecond day (minimum) or more when the moment takes us and fallen pregnant within a month or two. We have been pretty lucky there.

Good luck creating a little person and hope to see you on here soon with your
BIG FAT POSITIVE !! or BFP in TTC speak.

actually stop the alchoho intake totally. don't do keegel exercises soon after bd i heard it squeezes the sperm out.try to bd in the mornings apparently the sperm is healthier at that time and jus have fun ttc.

toChez_lee81, were u coming off hormone bc urself?would u know how long it takes most women to concieve (conceive) after using it?
My suggestion would be to try to avoid becoming obsessed with TTC at first. I know there comes a point where you might have to do these things, but I would suggest holding off for a while. When my husband I first started trying, I being my usual planner self charted everything and was obsessed with taking OPKs and HPTs each month. It was a frustrating process and took the fun out of TTC. After six months I did get pregnant, but I miscarried. This time around, there was no planning, no charting, and not even a HPT until weeks after a miss period. I am pregnant again and I am having many more positive thoughts about this pregnancy. Just act as if you are pregnant (i.e. take vitamins, exercise, eat right, and avoid things like alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs) and have fun!

Good luck!!
i agree,obsession with charting can delay things hey.well hope it happens for all of us who r ttc.
Do make sure to tell your husband he needs to have lots of foreplay since the big O helps your chance, but you can just use that as an excuse :). Don't use Lube, keep laying down for about 1/2 hour after to ensure conception! Due the deed the day before or day of Ovulation.
tsie- you cannot squeeze sperm out. What comes out is semen and it contains minimal sperm. Majority of sperm is deposited right at the cervix during sex.

No alcohol, no smoking, drink plenty of water, reduce caffeine intake (if you drink 3 pops a day, for example, reduce it to none or one and try a caffeine-free variety).

You can begin taking prenatals now as well.
I was using mirena IUD. I never actually got a cycle back after removal. Based on ultrasound dating I concieved around 30days after removal. That means my ovulation was a little delayed. If we had only had sex around supposed ovulation time we would have missed it.

I know it takes some woman months to return to normal after hormone contraception. Some woman are a bit luckier then others. My last child I concieved within 10 days of my depo shot finishing.