Pregnancy 18-24 Community
What to expect before you're expecting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

What to expect before you're expecting

I had posted a poll a few days ago regarding a book my Dr suggested I buy. The majority of you voted that I post a little tidbit from the book each day, so here it goes! If this helps just one person, then it's done what I hoped.

Prepping before you're expecting:

It stands to reason that your overall health has a lot to do with your over-all fertility. After all, it takes a healthy body (make that two healthy bodies) to make a healthy baby. Which means there's no better time than now-when that baby-to-be is just a gleam in your hopeful eyes- to make sure that you and your spouse are healthy overall. Just about every aspect of your health-from the medications you take, to the immunizations you should have, to the chronic conditions that need controlling and the dental work that needs doing- can have an impact on your fertility and on your healthy pregnancy to come. So check it all out, starting with those checkups.

*general health checkup- weight check, physical, medication overview, blood test.
   *gynecological checkup- PCOS, uterine cysts, Endometriosis, PID, irregular periods, UTI, STD.
   *dental health checkup- gum disease, fillings, x-rays, crown, dental surgery.