Pregnancy 18-24 Community
When should the first doctor visit be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

When should the first doctor visit be?

Hi, today I got to tell  my husband I am pregnant for the first time. We are pretty excited but are not sure when the first doctor visit should be. The last time I saw a doctor was for a physical six or seven years ago in a different town in high school. So I am very outside the whole medical loop. Any advice on when I should call the hospital for a doctor visit? I would also welcome any other critical advice, no idea what to do at this point but way excited! My best guess is that I'm on week three.
If you're in America I'm not sure but in England you should book your appointment with a doctor as soon as you find out as they need to do certain tests and assessments :)
I am in America, I would be interested to know if it is the same here. Anyone know?
I'm in America as well, you should schedule a regular dr appt so you can get a pregnancy test done by them, then they will help you find the best ob dr for you:) congrats
Schedule an ob/gyn apt they will confirm youre pregnancy tell you you're due date prescribe you prenatal vitamins (I suggest the prenatal gummies) you can buy them at Walmart.  They are like 12-13 but they dont make you as sick as some other ones.  And then schedule a follow up apt.. they may do blood work the first time.. I had to wait until my second appointment.  Congrats!!
Start your prenatal vitamins, drink lots of water . No heavy lifting over 25 pounds I believe it is . I called and scheduled my appointment when I found out at 4 weeks and was in seeing my doctor at 6 weeks and had my first ultrasound at almost 10 weeks. Every place is different but my doctor wanted me in as soon as he heard lol
Thanks! Another quick question, should my husband come with to appointments? The first few times, or all the time, occasionally, or never? Would most men want to be with? Is it considered appropriate? Haha more than one question there.
My husband has gone to every appt with me this is our first and he doesn't want to miss a thing. :) I think its completely up to you two. :) congrats momma
Right away!
My husband has only gone to the ultrasound appointments with me because of not being able to take time off work for every appointment. Most visits I'm only there for 10-15 minutes, so it wouldn't be worth him taking the day off.. But it's up to y'all if you want him at every appointment.
Schedule appointment right away, and its up to you and your hubby of you want him there every time. Mine hasn't missed a single appointment but that's his own choice, not that I mind (;
Thanks everyone, I'm all set to call tomorrow when they open.