Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Who could possibly be the father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Who could possibly be the father?

I know that no one here can give me a definate answer but I would like to narrow things down a bit. First off, I am a 22 year old healthy female with a cycle that usually occurs every 28 days. I started my period on May 1, 2009. My period ends after 5 days. I had sex with a close friend of mine on May 12th but I would consider it May 13th since it was close to midnight. Even though we had unprotected sex he says that he did not ejaculate in me. Okay now on the 14th I began to have slight cramps on the left side of my stomach. At that time I also noticed that I had some very clear slippery discharge that was too stretchy. It stretched about 5 or 6 inches and it was kind of thick. I didn't pay too much attention to it though. The next day it was completely gone. On May 17 I ended up sleeping with my son's father unprotected. He didn't ejaculate in me either. Around May 23 I started to get bloating very badly and started being very emotional and crying for no reason. By May 28th I noticed that I didnt get my period but didn't want to waste money on a test. I took one on June 04, 2009 and it came out positive. I went for my first sonogram on July 16,2009 and they said that the baby was dated 10w 6d. I know that I would need a DNA test and I am leaning towards getting a prenatal one done (Amniocentesis). I just want the prospective father to be there when the baby is born (Feb 5, 2010). What would be the odds for each guy??
the dates you slept with each guy are too close together to give you a half decent answer. this one does require a dna test...they can be done whilst baby's in the womb but it carries a 1% chance o miscarriage.
Being that every women ovulates differently......you really cant tell. If I were to HAVE TO pick a guy...I would say it was your friend being that I am guessing maybe you ovulate in the middle of your cycle...Day 14, and since you had sex on the 12-13th day that would be before you ovulate and enough time for the sperm to reach the egg. However, ,some women ovulate later......so, it could be your sons father...

The only way you are going to be able to tell is to have a DNA test.

Any time you have unprotected sex you CAN get pregnant...regardless if ejaculation occurs....because there is pre-c*m.

Best of luck!
I agree with Lance06 i would say the first guy and even though they didn't ejaculate in you pre*** can also contain sperm as you will now know.  Best of luck
There's no positive way to guess. The dates are too close together and conception dates are always estimations. If you're leaning toward getting a DNA test before the baby is born, then you'll have a definitive answer and the father could be at the birth.
I would guess since you ovulated on the 14th, that it would be your friends baby.  Either way, congratulations!  :)
Okay soo i had the same problem
i had a boyfriend(zack) that was in the marines and he was to far away so i ended up meeting a guy(dustin) and we became very close and we ended up sleepin together but soon after i realized i didnt love him i was ovulatin wen i had sex wit him but took plan b which is a form of the morning after but dont kill the baby if it has already implanted that day i went to see my boyfriend the 1 in the marines and had sex unprotected and he ejaculated in me and so did the other guy this was all in august last year i slept wit dustin august 5th and on i took the pill the 18th seen zack a day after got my period august 27th and slept wit dustin after me and zack broke up i had bleeding for 4 days sept 9th i went 2 get my sonogram done they sed i was 9 weeks but my period i was 13 weeks that wuld of made it zacks but i soon realized i got pregnant the first time i slept wit dustin the pill didnt work i got a dna test and it came back my son was dustins which i was ecstatic cuz he is currently my boyfriend so go to google look up conception date calculators it'll ask your day of your last period and it will calculate the day you got pregnant the dna test i got was 150$ total its called identigene and amnio's can cause miscarriges i heard dont go by looks either my son looked like the other guy zack and he aint his so good luck sorry so much writing
I feel a lot better just getting this all off of my chest. I know that I am not the only person that is going through this but it is still nice to hear from people that have. I am too afraid to tell anyone about my mistakes because I do not want to be judged. I have definately learned a lesson from this though, it's sad because my friend would be a better father than my son's father is. I will keep everyone updated when I finally do get the test done, it's kind of naive to say but I like many other people thought this would never happen to me.
Definitely come back and let us know the DNA result!