Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Why Does My Pubic Bone Hurt So Much?!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Why Does My Pubic Bone Hurt So Much?!!!

Hey guys... many of you know that I am currently 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my little guy!!! Well for the past few weeks I have had this pain in my pubic bone, especially when I am standing or walking. It seems to ease up if I lay down or sit down. This past week however it seems to be getting more painful. At my appointment last week my OB said he was head down and in position so I am wondering if this is a result of his postioning? Either way, does anyone know if this pain is normal or should I mention it to my OB at next weeks appointment? It is not so painful that I am doubling over or anything, it is just a constant, tolerable pain, as I said when I walk or stand. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thanks!
bump
Pelvic Symphysis Dysfunction.

Its where the pelvis is too lax during pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with it last week but have been suffering for the past 2 months.

Im only 24 weeks 1 day but i feel like ive been kicked HARD in the ladybits and its difficult to walk. Some people get it really bad and need crutches or a wheel chair and in severe cases peoples pelvic bones can snap.

If you have got to 30 weeks without much bother i wouldnt be too worried but DEFO see your midwife/doctor as it will get worse and they can do things to help.

I have a body band / Support belt to wear and strong painkillers and a list of DOs and DONTS which it is really important you follow.

If it continues to get worse theres a possibility of induction at 37 weeks or c-section at 38 weeks.

Its awful :(
Thanks a lot for that info, I just read about it online and it seems to be exactly what I am experiencing. I am definitely going to mention it to my doctor next Tuesday. Do you think it's okay if I wait until then or should I call them ahead of time?
I suffered with it for weeks. Unfortunately theres not much you can do about it so you should be ok to wait.

Little advice though:

Keep your legs together as much as possible

No strenuous exercise

NO BREAST STROKE

Take small shuffling footsteps and avoid stairs where possible and wear leggings or support tights if you can halfway ao and over your bump - it will help keep ther pelvic bones together
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers