Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Would an Ectopic Pregnancy result in a positive or negative test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Just trying to figure out what is going on. Having some odd pregnancy-like symptoms along with some that are not.  Took a test last night and it came back negative. Trying to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Thanks
Kara
well and eptic  would have postive result. with  high numbers  usually on a blood test  how long after a ,missed period?
Would Test Positive, its a pregnancy just in the tubes. so if you tested negative you are either not pregnant or if you are its too soon. get a blood test. what makes you think its eptopic? if it was trust me you would know from the pain and bleeding, thats how i knew tested positive at 2 days past AF due date adn at 6 weeks had pain and bleeding and i knew something was wrong.
This a message that I posted on the Womens' Health Forum. It better explains everything that is going on.

Thanks for your reply

"Hello, hope someone may help shed some light.  I'm an other wise healthy 29 year old woman (will be 30 on the 16th) who is the mother of two young children aged 2 and 3.  I've never had a miscarriage that I'm aware of and have had one abnormal pap test when pregnant with my oldest.  For the past three months I've had spotting after my period is finished. I have always had  a regular cycle and it goes for about 6 days.  This spotting begins on about what would be the 8th day and carries on for 3-4 days. It's very very light, almost can't see it but it is there. I've also had spotting after intercourse a couple of times.  I've had an increase of heart palpitations (which are very normal for me and of no concern) but the number of them is much higher then usual.  I noticed the last couple of days my hair is starting to fall out again, as it did both times post-partum. And here's the kicker, my right breast is now producing what looks like colosturm.  I did take a pregnancy test last night and it came back negative.  I don't feel I'm really pregnant anyhow, I don't feel at all like what I did with either of my two children.
I have a dr's appt on the 16th for a Pap but am wondering if anyone has any clue what could possibly be going on?  

Thanks in advance for any help

Kara "
Well it sounds like something is off, not sure what that could be but it don’t sound like pregnancy, I know there are other woman on here that have said to have cysts and I have never had one but perhaps its something like that. Have you recently been on Birth control of any kind? I don’t know but it sounds serious to me, I wish you all the best luck. Here is the thing with an eptopic pregnancy it mimics a regular pregnancy till you have pain or bleeding or lucky enough to have an ultra sound and they discover it you wont even know its eptopic. That’s how it was for me, I found out I was pregnant cause I missed my period and was all excited then a week later I was bleeding heavy and dizzy, and had so much pain it was unbearable. But I would call my doctor and tell them everything that is going on and hope to get an appointment sooner.  Especially since you are bleeding after intercourse. Best of luck mama BIG HUGS keep me posted

I feel like I should be starting my period any day and it is due about now (i've never been good at keeping track to the very day and minute type of thing *lol*)

I did call the dr's and have an appt. next week now instead of the 16th. The nurse was more concerned about the leaking breast then the spotty period so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the advice and concern.

K.
I got a clear "PREGNANT" from a digital test when i was pregnant in my tube,