Pregnancy 18-24 Community
almost 3months missed menstruation and lactating but negative pregananc...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

almost 3months missed menstruation and lactating but negative preganancy test results.

Hello everyone. I'm a new member. Anyway I'm having a very drastic changes. And please have patience in reading my story, this is quite long. Thank you.
Since September last year I've been having irregular menstruation, but on November I went to doctor for check up because i took pregnancy test 2 times and its negative. He prescribed a medicine but i forgot the name, and i took it for 1 week after 2 days i had my menstruation that was last week of November 2007 after that until now February 2008 I haven't got my menstruation again, I took home pregnancy test again 2 times and its negative and last night surprisingly my breast is really in pain and i can feel its getting hard, it seems I'm lactating.  I pressed my right breast and 2 drops fell. Sad to admit but I had 2 abortions already the latest was last year. Could this be the reason behind this? because the last time I went to the doctor he said that i'm just too stressed that's why i'm missing my menstruation but how come i'm lactating? please help, i would  greatly appreciate all suggestions and opinions. Thank you
stress can definately cause you to miss your period thats for sure..have you had your blood drawn at all or just taken the hpts?? i have no idea about the lactating because with most women the milk doesnt come until the baby comes...
hey..well i can tell you that the lactating is probably from before! I am 20 years old and have a four year old daughter and i can still get milk so..lol....i would think that the abortions are almost the same to your body as having the baby so your body is telling you to lactate for baby! THats how i would look at it..hope i help and hunny i know there are reasons for abortions but if you get pregnant that quick and easy if you dont want to be preggers then you should either not have sex or reallly go to your doctor for some birth control! Alot of women on here are trying and they as well as i really dont like to see that women are aborting! So hun please if you dont want it prevent it..and i mean that in the nicest way even if it dont seem like it ok! HOpe i helped!
See I started having irregular AF back in october and I was lactating.  I went to the doctor in November 07 and they did blood test they said I was no pregnant but my prolactin levels were slightly elevated by 2 points.  I went back in December and they were back to normal.  I haven't been back but the lactating has not stopped.  It was a lot worse but...now I finally got AF 2 days late so sorta on time last month, and I'm still lactating.  I would suggest going to a doctor and staying there till they tell you what's going on.  I have an appointment in March to see what the heck is going on because my doctor obviously don't have time to tell me why this happens...
Some Rx medications can cause you to lactate.  If you are taking any, check the side effects.