Pregnancy 18-24 Community
am I leaking amniotic fluid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

am I leaking amniotic fluid?

I am 31 weeks along in my 4th pregnancy, my first 3 pregnancies were normal and healthy. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have been having an increase in discharge. It had originally been white-ish and now it is white-ish AND watery. I thought it was normal until I noticed it smelled sweet. I have it almost everyday but not all day and it is not sweet smelling everyday. I mentioned it to my ob and they asked me if it smelled foul or if I had any irritation. I said no to both. They didn't seem to bat an eye about it. But it still scares me because I have read it could be amniotic fluid.

Throughout this pregnancy, a few abnormal things have happened to which my ob also didn't seem to worry about: Around 20 weeks or before I lost part of my mucus plug. It wasn't the whole thing but it had a streak of blood in it. No other symptoms during that time. Then about 1 month ago (27 weeks) I had a spot of blood in my underwear. No other symptoms during that time, either. I mentioned both to my ob but, again, no worries. I am mostly concerned about the fluid loss now because of infection and I also have Group B Strep. Does anyone have any helpful insight?

Thank you in advance for your help!
I would go to the doctor just to be sure. There is a test they can do to see if it is amniotic fluid. I think it is a nitrazine test or something like it. it is probably nothing but it will ease your mind to know.
It is officially 12:12 am and I am 1 day pass my due date!Im 40 weeks pregnant as sometimes I can be walking and it feels like im urinating on myself could this be amniotic fluid or something else?Because my underwhere can be like real wet like ridiculously wet!

And I actually have another concern!Im starting school in November by then my 6weeks will be up and I dont have it to miss another semester of college so im wondering can i ask to be induced?And by then I have to already have my child care set up for my baby!Would that be a good reason for my doctor to induce me and I dont want my baby to be huge!?please help!
I would go to your doc and DEMAND they do a swab test!!!
They should have done that RIGHT AWAY when you first told them!!!
What if it is amniotic fluid? What if you lost the baby because your doc didn't "feel" like doing the test.
I went 8 days over due and was in labor for 2 days and ended up getting a c-section just because they didn't "Feel" like doing an ultrasound at my 37 week mark like they were SUPPOSED to and my daughter was WAY too big to pass through my pelvis. And I WARNED them that big babies run in my family.

I HATE LAZY DOCTORS!!!!

Actually I would actually go to the ER and say you're leaking fluid and are afraid it may be your water leaking.
They WILL do the test. I've had to do that before too when I thought I was leaking at my 25th week I think it was, and turns out I had a bladder infection and my bladder was so infected it was having troubles keeping itself from leaking.

It could just be your bladder leaking ontop of your discharge.
That's happening to me right now here n there. So it looks to me, like a big watery boogie on my liner. lol
But it also COULD be your water leaking. It's not worth taking the chance and waiting to see if it stops. I'd get a test done right away.
I agree with the others...you need to have them test the fluid.  At 38 weeks I had the same situation....went to the Dr., they swabbed and said that it was "inconclusive" as I was losing my plug and there was so much mucous...however, when I went into labor and had the baby..there was no fluid in me and there were complications with the baby because of this.....Demand a test....