Pregnancy 18-24 Community
am i pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

am i pregnant?

Question: My son is 4 months old and I am not breastfeeding (we tried but he was in NICU for a month after he was born due to spina bifida and hydrosephalus, needed 2 surgeries and lots of love) anyway, I breastfed him while he was in the hospital the best i could by pumping and feeding him through a bottle but when he came home i breastfed for only a few weeks, he was one month old but my milk supply was gone... i had him july 16, 2012 and bled for 6wks after then had my first real cycle october 4th now it is nov. 16th and i have not yet had another cycle..could i be pregnant? we want another one so are not using birth control.. i took urine cheap pregnancy test but they all show negative result, went to the doctor and she did a urine test and it showed negative so she sent off blood work ...what do you think? my son has not been breastfed since early september i would say...
Its honestly hard to say either way because some womens cycles take a while to get back to a normal after delivery...The blood test should give you a clear answer though.
It's very common after you have a baby for periods to be irregular for some time. I'd wait for the blood test.
I agree with the above posters, and then since you breastfed, even for that short time, it could have messed up your cycle as well.
thanks ladies.. we won't know results for 2 wks due to holidays so it's just killing me! LOL but sounds about right..may just be a irregular period due to having a baby
how soon after missing a period should i see a positive result on urine test if i was pregnant?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers