Pregnancy 18-24 Community
anal sex during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

anal sex during pregnancy

I know this may be a weird question and some people may think it's not right, but my partner and I had anal sex the other day and it does not happen often at all...really just once in a blue moon, it's not something we do on a regular basis. I didn't have any pain or discomfort afterwards but I wanted to know is it dangerous and more of a risk to have anal sex when pregnant?  A friend of mine also told me it's harmful to the uterus and can cause a uterine rupture...if so I do not want that to happen and even though we don't do it on a regular basis if it is harmful to the uterus and the baby I do not want to do it again. Does anybody know?
I'm not quite sure how it might affect the uterus, I can't imagine it would be much different than vaginal but my concern would be in the constipation department.  It might make constipation or hemroids worse down the road.  I'm not quite sure though?  Have you done any searches on it?
Hmm...good question.  I was listening to this sex talk show called Dr. Sue Johansson, or something like that and heard that anal sex is not good during pregnancy because as the baby gets bigger the uterus sits more towards the rectum or something. But I looked it up myself and here's what I found.

This is off http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/psex/0,,midwife_3pjq,00.html
It says:

Anal sex causes no direct harm to the baby.

When having anal sex it's important to go slowly. The anal sphincter is a ring of muscle that can be voluntarily contracted or relaxed. Penetration before your partner is ready can result in tearing of the sensitive skin.

As part of your foreplay gently insert a lubricated finger, and then two, to be sure your partner is relaxed. Penetration should always be comfortable and enjoyable.

If you decide to continue with other love play following anal sex, it's important to always wash the penis well with warm soap and water before reinsertion to avoid a vaginal infection or oral transmission of E. Coli.

Because anal sex has been shown to increase the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV, it's important to always use a condom along with a water-based lubricant, such as AstroGlide. (You might want to avoid condoms with spermicides, as they can irritate the sensitive rectal tissues.)
I would think that because of the tense feeling during anal sex that it would cause stress on the uterus.  I know I've only tried it once and my whole body was tense (sp?).