Pregnancy 18-24 Community
anybody pregnant with a tilted uterus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

anybody pregnant with a tilted uterus?

is anybody pregnant and told their uterus is tilted? or has been pregnant and had a normal pregnancy despite the uterus being tilted...

i was told today at 12 weeks 1 day that my uterus is tilted....and of couse being pregnant im now a worry wart and just looking for some positive feedback about this condition

thanks
anybody?
I found this:
"This condition affects more than 20% of women worldwide. Generally associated with no health complications, a retroverted uterus can occasionally cause painful symptoms or signal an underlying health disorder".
"Usually between the 10th -12th week of pregnancy, your uterus will no longer be tipped or "backwards." This should cause no difficulty for the pregnancy or for labor and birth. If the uterus does not move into a "middle" position, miscarriage can occur, but this is very rare.
In extremely rare cases, it has been known for the growing uterus to be inhibited from growing out of the woman's pelvis by her normally protruding lower spine (or sacrum). The medical term for this is an incarcerated uterus. If this happens, the woman may start complaining of some pain and being unable to pass urine, usually at about 12 to 14 weeks of pregnancy. The caregiver may recommend being admitted to hospital and having a catheter passed into the bladder (to allow the urine to escape), as well as doing some pelvic rocking on your hands and knees to help release the uterus from the pelvis. These treatments are usually effective within hours or perhaps a few days.
my mother has a tipped uterus and she had 5 kids just fine. And The doctor never said I did until after I deleivered because both my babies came out face up instead of face down. It makes it soooo much harder to push them out that way and he was like " Maybe your uterus is tipped and that is why they get in the position" I don't think it is anything to worry about
thanks ladies...well i made it to 12 weeks so i guess everything is going well

odd thing is i dont recall this at all when i was preg with son...
How interesting.  I was just told with this 2nd pregnancy that I have a tipped uterus.  Nothing was ever said the first time.  I did however deliver my dd face up, and that makes me wonder if this delivery will end the same.
my mom had 2 kids no probs with a tilted uterus.  my is slightly tipped...just enough to make them have to push further back to find my cervix.
mine is tilted backwards...i have no idea what that means but i checked with the doc that delivered my son and they said i did not have a tilted uterus but its likely from my son being so big that it happened when delivering him....ugh

they reassured me that the hardest part with a tilted uterus is getting pregnant and since im already 12 weeks im past the worse part...i guess we'll see how this delivery goes
I am almost 11 weeks pregnant. When I lean back with my trunk in standind position I can see little baby bump...but it's so high! above my belly button! I also have sortness of breath all the time as the bump is just under the diaphram. Is it normal? does anyone knows?
I was told I had a retroverted uterus so I had to have transvag ultrasounds even at 10 wks. It was to far back.  The dr said there was nothing to worry about.  
My uterus is also tilted backwards. I always end up having the (vaginal?) ultrasound where they put the ultrasound stick up you.. (sorry TMI)

This is because everything is tilted backwards and they find it hard to see my babies when they are small.

I have had two kids now though. Both successful vaginal births with no help. I don't think it complicates anything other than early ultrasounds...
M y friend had a bad labour with her daughter 15 yrs ago. she came out bum first (ooouch) her little feet were touching her forehead. My friend has been trying to conceve for about  10 yrs now but recently found out that her uterus is too tilted to ever get pregnant again. My friend and her husband recently ended there marrage because it all got a little too much for them to cope with (he isnt the father to the 15 yr old).
Hey, Yeah I have a retroverted uterus...My baby was born face up as well...Maybe its normal for mummas with a tilted uterus to have this??
I have a tilted uterus, and have delivered 2 babies and am pregnant with my 3rd.  I did experience more back labor due to this, but they came out fine!!  The doctor did tell me with my first one due to the uterus being tipped it may take a little longer to push.  The first baby did take 1 hour to push out, but the second baby I only had to push once.  I was also able to have normal ultrasounds!!  Nothing to worry about!!
i recently was told that i have a tilted uterus im 22 yrs old and my husband is 26 neither one of us has children is this because my uterus is tilted? or is it him? by the way i have never been pregnant and neither has he if that mkes sense!!!!! lol!!!!
when i went for my first appt i was suppose to eb 10n weeks, they tried to find the heartbeat. two different doctors tried to find it each for about 15 mins. then the physican took and ultrasound and still she couldnt see anything. she told me i had to get a vaginal ultrasound so that they could make sure everything was okay. so another doctor took the ultrasound and they said that the reason they had a hard time getting anything was because i had an inverted uterus and that when the baby gets bigger it should go to normal. they found out i was 9 months pregnant. Well a week ago (17 weeks) i had a friend give me an ultrasound just to check everything and i think i still have an inverted uterus. With what i read i should be normal by at leat the 12 week. So this week i am suppose to find out what i am having. 5 guess we will see how everything goes.