Pregnancy 18-24 Community
baby pressure on cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

baby pressure on cervix

I was just wondering if anyone could help me here..  My baby's head is really really low, right against my cervix.... For the past little bit, I have had this weird feeling up in my vagina and at other times, the outside of my vagina tends to be a bit swollen and sensitive...  I was convinced I had to have an infection.. I went to my oB yesterday and checked me and said I didnt have an infection...

It is not a constant thing and only sometimes it is irritating..  But last night what i realized, is it only there when I am standing....  It is really hard to explain how it feels but it can feel like a light irritation or something is pushing up there...  I didnt think anything about it until last night when I noticed that everytime I got up to go to the bathroom, i had this heavy feeling in my pelvis followed by this annoying weird itchy feeling up high in vagina...

For those who have had previous pregnancy, what does the pressure feel like it...  I would not describe it as painful as it seems like it tends to be described on these boards but I would say it feels like an irritation to me...  

Is it possible that this is from the baby's head pushing down and could that be related to the light swelling on the outside of the vagina....  I only ask because last night it became really clear that it was not there when I was laying down then it would come when I stood up and the longer I was up the worst it got.?
It sounds like the baby putting pressure on ur cervix. That's what it felt like at the end of all my pregnancies. I had slight swelling also
I agree that it sound like the baby is just putting pressure on your cervix. I would get sharp pains through my cervix while standing, or trying to pee towards the end with both of my pregnancies. When you're lying down the baby is not putting as much pressure on your cervix, just like if you get in the bath you don't feel as much of the weight as you would if you were just lying down. You're not standing so the baby isn't putting the pressure down there.