Pregnancy 18-24 Community
being induced @ 39 weeks??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

being induced @ 39 weeks??

Ok so my doctor gave me lead way and said I can get induced at 39 weeks only if I dilated any. @ 35 Weeks I was at 1cm 60% effaced. She didn't check me when I went in today for my 37 week check.  She said she will check at 38 weeks (next week) I'm nervous because I've heard stories where women had to get c-section because of being induced.  Hopefully I have an easy one since she says I should be at 3cm by next week. Im having second thoughts. I'm a second time mom by the way. 37 weeks with a baby girl. :) share some stories or opinions with me.
Is there any reason she won't let you go to 40 weeks? The chance of having a csection is increased with induction.
Personally if baby can come on his own I'd let him. My son won't come so I have to be induced. Unless you have medical issues I'd give your baby all the time they need and if they just won't come try getting induced at 41-42 weeks. I know it sounds awful but I really envy the moms that went into labor naturally.
No..I just asked cause I wanted to be home for christmas with my son..& she said everything shouldbe okay since I'm already dilated..
My mom was induced with her last baby back in September and she ended up having a C section but only because the baby's heart rate was dropping. She also told me she wasn't very far dialated and her doctor was trying to make her push the baby out. That kind of scares me because I go to the same doctor and he is talking about inducing me also. I'm just gonna pray for the best!
& waiting to late like at 41-42 weeks has increase for stillbirth. Don't want to wait that long
With my son my water broke & I didn't have any contractions so they have me pitocin & everything went ok.
I'm not saying it's bad hun. Woman experience birth differently- but your body is meant to be able to hold your baby up to 42weeks. Doctors usually won't let you wait till 42weeks or past that at least. Things happen differently in every type of birthing experience, so if it's something you want to do in the end it's completely up to you. I was due thanksgiving but my body isn't dilating so I'm getting induced Thursday cause my OB won't wait. Longer then that, (which I'm completely fine with) but like I said it's all up to you in the end. We can only give you our opinions and the knowledge we are provided with. Good luck(:
I was induced at 39 weeks (for inability to walk without assistance). Everything went perfect. Im requesting it again because it went so good last time and i liked being really prepared. Plus a week early is a bonus to me.
I wouldn't get induced unless I HAD to because my dr says that being induced without reason COULD (doesn't mean it will) cause autism later in life... that scared me to death so I absolutely would refuse to be induced unless needed
I'm being induced at 39 weeks this coming Monday if on Friday I'm dilated to at least a two!!!
I Have Three Plus One More On The Way And I Was Induced For All Three Of My Other Babies. The First One (My Son) Was The Hardest But After That It Just Got Easier Each Time. I'm Goin To Try And Wait To Go InTo Natural Labor With This One Because I Have Never ExperiencEd The Excitement Of The Water Breaking And All That Good Stuff. But Don't Be Afraid To Induce. But I Always do Recommend Waiting Until You Are At Least 6/7DilatedTo Get Your Epidural Because I Got Mine Super Early With My Son And By The Time He Came Out At Almost 10 Pounds It Was ALL Natural Lol.