Pregnancy 18-24 Community
bras during labor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

bras during labor

So I'm one of those girls who is extremely uncomfortable if I'm not wearing a bra. Like I am literally always wearing one unless I'm taking a shower. I've heard they will force you to take it off? I know no under wire in case of a c section. But can they seriously force me to take it off? If they try someone is getting punched in the face lol I'm my birth, my body, and my baby.
They will ask you to take it off.
They can ask all they want I guess. It's not coming off lol
So we don't have to i mean the baby coming put from our va-jay-jay lol. i totally know how you feel about the bra babydue
Right. I'm wearing a sports bra with no metal so there should be no problem. Under wire I can see just in case of an emergency c section in care they have to shock you or something. That i understand and is totally logical. But would they really try to force a sports bra off?
i would see about wearing a sports bra instead. since it doesn't have wire. i'm the same way, unless i'm asleep or showering i will have a bra on, being big chested is not easy without a bra.
Plus family coming in and out and what not. I didn't even want s hospital birth in the first place cause of all the rules and what not. I wanted an all natural at home birth but couldn't afford it
I'm the same way but my breast are so sore I can't wear mine any more... get a sports bra,it will stretch with you :) I got a "lady princess intimates" from burlington, I ABSOLUTELY love it! $9.99 for 2 pack
When my baby was born they took my bra off, its for skin to skin bonding when bubs born, they will lay him/her on your chest
I think it's for immediate breastfeeding skin to skin. In a c section they won't let you wear it period
but you dont have to have the first skin to skin if you choose not to. i told my doctor i want him clean before he is given to me. i'm a big germ a phob.
I'm not breast feeding
see, me neither. so i would just talk to your doctor about it. cuz i'm sure you'll be allowed to wear a sports bra if they know these things.
I plan on wearing nothing but a nursing bra during delivery. My doc said its fine because my mother and mother in law will be in the room.
I'm fine with her being placed on me then being taken to get cleaned. Skin to skin is optional. I'm not saying I'm against breast feeding but there are circumstances and I won't be able to.
I was naked as the day I was born when I delivered. Its not a big deal. You pretty much forget about decency.
Yeah I'm gonna have to talk to him about it. Just to let him know before hand even if I'm asked I'm not taking it off. Access to my boobs is off limit. Lol I'm gonna be walking up and down the halls too. I need a bra on. I'm sure everyone else won't care but I will
Lol @ roopstetter! I wanted to be in my birthday suit but I decided I don't want my ta-tas in my armpits! Haha
I am definitely extremely uncomfortable without a bra I have always been like that... Im scared to have sagging boobs too so I always keep my bra on I can't take my bra off guess I need a nursing bra because im breastfeeding
Well for what it is worth I did not.have tatas in my arm pits.
They will tell you to take it off, if something God forbid goes wrong they are going to cut it off any way weather you like it or not. It's really not thy big of a deal they are in your vagina after all delivering a baby I don't know why not wearing a bra is a big deal
I would say talk to your doctor or hospital to include it in your birthing plan. If they don't like a sports bra (which honestly I don't see a problem) I had a swimsuit top on. I know it's not a bra but in lue of one it seems better than nothing. If anything you should just ask your doctor or hospital which they prefer you wear, that way you aren't asking whether or not you can, you're just giving them a choice between two options that might be acceptable to you. It's what I have to do with my older boys so they can feel they have some control, I've found it works well when dealing with medical professions also lol.
I have Poland's syndrome. It's a very big problem. If you don't know what is look it up
So yes I can and I will wear a bra. And if they say anything they can seriously **** off. They'll be literally fighting me.if they want jt off
I know what polands syndrome is, but all I'm saying if they let you wear one awesome. But if they need to they will remove it regardless of what you say. If you have to have a c-section for instance, you have to be hooked to monitors they will not allow you to wear even a sport bra during the procedure. Hopefully your dr/hospital is fine with you wearing one. Just ask.
Babydue my sis has it too. Is your chest the only affected area? My sister is only affected in her chest but one of my aunts hands were affected as well
Babydue, you bring up a valid point. I never really thought about wearing a bra during delivery or not but preferably I would want to wear one too. For all of you ladies that are making a big deal out of her opinion..shame on you. She specifically said she has a syndrome so its understandable if she wants to cover it if she pleases. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Learn to respect others.
Its just an uncomfortable feeling I feel where your coming from if u feel a certain way about something your entitled to it... it doesn't matter what
Everyone else is saying... I don't want my boobs out either... like I said i don't want saggy boobs so I always keep my bra on
^^^ agreed. if u dont have her condition then u dont know what it feels like. hop off her back
In Australia the whole skin to skin is a big deal ahah they have posters all over the hospital about it, even if they did make you take your bra off (which they cant) youll have a sheet over you. I always have my bra on too but when i gave birth i ended up butt naked with just sheets over me.. Didnt really care tbh haha:)
My sister has it. I grew up watching her struggle with it. My aunt had it as well and her hand was also deformed from it. The hospital had my sister take her bra off during her labor too. I'm just saying. This is something she will have to ask her provider about. Nobody here has all the answers. Sometimes we don't all see eye to eye and we p I s s each other off. I know I've been p I ssed a few times too. Let it go. She said she was done with this conversation so let it go.