Pregnancy 18-24 Community
brown spotting 20 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

brown spotting 20 weeks

Hi everyone. Im 20wks6days and noticed very slight brown spotting on toilet paper when i went to the bathroom last night. Im still noticing brown but its not enough to stain undergarments. Should i be heasing to hospital? My dr office is closed til monday.
Dont they have a doctor on call 24/7? I wouldnr wait till monday! I would call or go to the ER it might be nothing seruous but u never know! Good luck, keep us updated!
My doctor said he was on call but his answering machine just directs emergencies to the e.r. We got that winter storm so didnt want to go out if it wasnt necessary but im reading alot of online info and im getting worried. I'll keep you posted thank you so much
If your not cramping and it is brown. Then you are likely ok to wait! However of you start cramping or having contractions or the color changes then I would head in the be checked out. Brown means old blood, so if you have had an check down there lately.. Or even sex!.that could cause it. Chances are its nothing.. but listen to your body if you start cramping contracting or bleeding then go in! Is it possible you have a uti?
Are you a negative blood type? If you are a positive you can wait until Monday. Red blood is what you worry about. Have you had any cramping?  If no pain then you should be okay. Try not to stress too much
Thanks. My husband told me to just relax and no chores. Its a bit nerve wreaking since ive had a miscarriage this late in pregnancy before. Praying for the best. Thanks for all the support.