Pregnancy 18-24 Community
can a pelvic exam determine a pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

i had a pelvic exam a few days ago... if i got pregnant in november the doctor would definetly be able to see it right? if i got pregnant this month and i just got the exam a few days ago would you be able to see the pregnancy in the exam this early? my question is basically... how far along would you have to be for your doctor to be able to notice you are pregnant during a pelvic exam?
I think 8 weeks - When I had my first the doctor said that it felt like I was 8 weeks along... but I don't think the confirm pregnancy through an exam - it is a blood test and ultrasound.
the pregnancy would be about nine weeks if i got pregnant in november so the doc would have been able to tell then right?
Not neccessarily... if they were not looking for it.. At that point they could have done the urine test in the office and confirmed it.. did you take a hpt?
no i didn't take one, i was wondering why they didn't do a urine test. i didnt ask for one or mention anything about being pregnant. i thought about it after i left the office. ( i over anaylze and think to much! )
i was in the er for a uti in december and its procedure to do a pregnancy test there so im pretty sure i had one because i had mentioned that my period was late. They didnt mention it when my urine came back positive for uti and i ended up getting my period a few days later anyway. i was just wondering if the exam would have detected a pregnancy.. ur information was helpful. thank u!
I had unprotected sex exactly 20 days ago and i feel pregnant, some times i feel im over reacting and the symptoms are all in my head ive taken 4 pregnancy test and they come back negative but that was earlier and i also took a blood pregnancy test 4 days ago maybe its too early??
OK so were do I begin last period was  6 June I have had loads o urine pregnay tests all neg been to doctors 3 times and still negative for pregancy and uti last few weeks felt dizzy sickly and tired so was sure I must be but why would it not show p on hpt doctor time bloods today to check everything including pregency and did a internal exam to check if everything was OK as I'm getting pains in lower apodemen dull full sort off feeling uncomfortable really but now starting to totally rule out being pregnant surely they would know but inter nail or should I wait for bloods to come bk and if not prg then what's going on with me help starting to stress now x