Pregnancy 18-24 Community
can and will a women get pregnant two weeks before her period and still...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

can and will a women get pregnant two weeks before her period and still get her period.

Can a women get pregnant two weeks before she gets her period, and if so will she still get her period. Or can she get pregnant one week before her period and if so will she still get her period.

• PLEASE HELP!! (3 replies):
    me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex 3 days before my...[more]
  • when? (5 replies):
    when do you ovulate? I have heard 3 days after AF and I ...[more]
  • What If... (9 replies):
    My period was supposed to start on Feb. 7th, but didn't ...[more]
  • could i be pregnant? (13 replies):
    I had sexual intercourse with my husband on the last day...[more]
  • luteal phase (11 replies):
    Guess who's back with another question, lol! I've bee...[more]
can a doctor answer this question please
Yes a woman can get pregnant 2 weeks before she gets her period.... and NO she will not start her period if she did indeed get pregnant
Thank you very much
oh one more question. What about 1 week.
That is usually when you are most fertile, 2 weeks before your period, so yes you can def get preggers around then, with most women, that is your best time to try to conceive. And no, you should not get your period if you were successful in getting pregnant. Some women bleed throughout pregnancy, but I am not sure...Did you take a test?
No you cant get pregnant a week before your period is due... you always get a period 12-16 days after ovulation and you have to ovulate before you can get pregnant.
It would definitely be less likely to get preggo 1 week before your period.... BUT it is possible.... It would all depend on when you ovulate....

Are you thinking your preggo? If so I would wait until my period was due and if i hadnt gotten it then i would definitely test! If you have gotten your period (regular bleeding) then i would say your not pregnant
I'm not sure you always get your period 12-16 days after ovulation?  I have read it can be anywhere from day 10 to 24 or even later depending on your cycle.  

I'm trying to find this out because I had unprotected sex with my husband and it was either a day or a week before my period was due (I know, I should keep better track, but I just got off the pill and don't know if my cycle was just taking longer to get back on track!) and I have not gotten a period since.  That was over three weeks ago.  
Its determined by when you ovulate so period is expected 12-16 days after ovulation. Here is the information I got from the american pregnancy association.

"The second half of the cycle is called the luteal phase and is from the day of ovulation until the next period begins. The luteal phase has a more precise timeline and usually is only 12-16 days from the day of ovulation. This ultimately means that the day of ovulation will determine how long your cycle is. This also means that outside factors like stress, illness, and disruption of normal routine can throw off your ovulation which then results in changing the time your period will come."
Ah, I see.  I misunderstood.  The time you ovulate can be shorter or longer, but your period should come 12 to 16 days after that.