Pregnancy 18-24 Community
can blood pregnancy test be wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

can blood pregnancy test be wrong?

Hi ladies, my last period was on feb 14th and then it came on feb 27, but very light n spotty. I had no period since then. I took a urine at the doc's, it came out negatve, but i was very stubborn n begged for a blood test. It also came out negative. But i feel pregnant. My boobs r sore, lots of veins, nausea, and very tired. Is it in my head? Has anyone got a negatine blood n came out to be preggo? I know they did the quantative,,,,,,the one that says yes or no.....i wish they would of checked for the hcg hormone instead. I am convinced im pregnant, by body seems to think so too, but y the negative results. what do u ladies think?
Blood tests are very accurate and will detect pregnancy as early as 8 days after conception.  Lots of things can cause pregnancy-like symptoms and result in missing a period.  PCOS is one example.  You might want to see an OBGYN to see if you can get some answers.
If the blood test came up negative you are not pregnant or it is too early in the pregnancy to be detected and if your last period was in feb im going to go with negative.
Yes blood test are very accurate and if your last period was in feb you would have a positive result by now so i don't think you are pregnant
When did you have the blood test? I had one done at 10 DPO and it came back negative. I'm now 5 weeks pregnant, so YES they can be inaccurate. It's because it takes 6-12 days for an egg to implant and another 2-4 days before the HCG builds up enough for it to show up on either a home pregnancy test or a quant blood test. Quantitative blood tests are about as accurate as a medium sensitivity urine test. If it was just before/after your period was due when you tested, I'd definitely test again it should be positive by now if you are in fact pregnant, there are other reasons your period could be delayed if you still get a negative I'd wait and see if your next period comes, and if not see the doctor again.
ok me and my fiance had sex on february 26th well last monday i had two dreams that i was in labor on Thanksgiving and i told my cousin and she used a due date calculator and told me i would be due november 24 and that's the day before thanksgiving. and every since then i have been waking up to pee at 1 3 7 and 9 and all last week through this monday ive been crying and really upset. and friday i noticed some light bleeding and it cant be my period cuz when im on my period its very heavy and i have a stuffy nose and cant breath and friday night i ate 3 lil containers of ice cream then took a test and it said negative and then saturday i ate two things of ice cream too and i know your suppose to take test in the morning so its more accurate and im been throwing up like every two weeks since then and i feel like im going to throw up right now.also when i eat chicken now it makes me sick and i used to be able to eat it all the time and now it make me sic. last thursday i went to doc they said if i am its too early to tell so i got to go back april 7th for a blood test and on saturday i ate a lil pint size of moose tracks ice cream within 19 minutes. well on the 10th i got a letter from the health department that say we have attempted to contact you several times to review these results.please call us at your earliest convenience. and my cousin who is pregnant with her 3rd child told me if it was negative then they would have just left a voice mail or not even bother calling but she said if it was positive then they would tell me to call them or they would send a letter. well today on april  12th the health department called me and told me it was negative but my breast hurt and my feet all the time are hurting now and i was wondering is it possible to be pregnant when blood test said neg and the hpt  say negative. and i want to be pregnant really bad
thanks for all the responses ladies.My breasts are sore still. I feel pregnant, i mean i aint throwing up every day or nuthin, but i do get lots of waves of nausea. I am very confused still but i manage to get a doc's appointment on monday. I will let you ladies know whats the outcome.  Wish me luck and baby dust to all the ladies trying to conceive. And to smjmekg thanks for the good vibes.
ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today is a great day! i decides to use a hpt....the clearblue, and it came up positive! Even though the second line isnt as dark, it came up right away. HAHAHAHAHHAHA. I am so happy. Tomorrow is my doc app, we'll see whats happens from then. Good luck to all the ladies ttc
Ok, it's been two months BelleFleur.  Are you pregnant?  I'm very hopeful for you since I just got results from a blood test that I am negative, and the last 4 HPT were all negative, but boy do I feel pregnant!  I've had three kids so far, the first two were perfect but the third was quite the complicated one.  took us two years to concieve (conceive) him and had to go on fertility medication.  I'm hoping to avoid it this time.  We've been trying for 3 months now.  I keep readying that you can get a false negative sometimes.  

Please respond BelleFleur, I'd love to hear your story whatever way it went.  :)
Hello kinda in the same boat, I am totally confused. My Fiancé and I had kind of unprotected sex on June 21st a day after my period; I am currently on NuvaRing and a blood pressure med that should not be taken if you think you may be pregnant. I mistakenly took my NuvaRing out a week early and had kind of unprotected sex a day after inserting my new ring. We did the withdrawal method but I still felt kind of weird about it so I took the morning after pill since I knew I was on the blood pressure meds and to be on the safe side. However I started having cramps like a day after and after 2 1/2 weeks of cramps and my breast being kind of painful not too sore but more less pain. So I took my nuvaring out stop taking my meds and called my OBGYN to ask how soon I could take a test to rule out pregnancy. So on July 7th they did a blood pregnancy test and it was negative less then 1% HGC they told me no way I could be pregnant start taking your meds again, however still having the symptoms so  I requested another test on July 19th and once again same negative  less then 1% HCG, I have taking a ton of HPTs all negative. So being 4 weeks since intercourse could these tests be wrong? I also had a period on July 9th a couple days after taking my ring out that was three days long one day was pretty heaving filling a super tampon once but I was also swimming so it could make it seem more then was really there. However I know being on BC can cause vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy. Any help/stories would be great, this is my first time posting! Sorry if it’s TMI.  We like to have children one day but not today we want some married time first.
Im 3 weeks late for my period and took 5 home pregnacy test and a blood test and all negative. But i have all the symptoms. What is wrong?
Hey ladys! I am 4weeks. Late. For my pierod I'm stomach always hurts almost seems like I'm pushing out all the time. I took 3 hpt an a pregnancy test at the doc. An had a blood test all came out negative but I feel like I'm preg.
Have a beta blood test done. If it comes up negative (hCG is 5 or under) you're not pregnant, regardless of how you feel. Symptoms and signs are not relevant when determining pregnancy, as many things can cause them.
hey my name is megan i need help i been filling pregnant last month i should of had my period on 2/21/12 but i missed it and now this month i have been bleeding for 3 days and today is a brownish color and i fill pregnant i been having gravings heart burn and lower back pain but all the test say no even a blood test then i went and got a ultersound and the woman that done it put fetus lone on the photo but then my doctor called me yesterday morning and said it said no to so am i pregnant what do i do
I last had sex mid-March with a normal period in April.  Since then I have not had a period but have symptoms of being pregnant.  One home test was positive and one was negative.  Blood test from the doctor also says negative.  However I feel pregnant and if I am then I am already 4 months.  I do not know what to do.  Can the blood test be wrong?  Or is my mind telling my body that it is pregnant because I want to be?
I have had not had a period for like 6 weeks have put loads of waight on and feel very sick all day and very tired sore boobs and my belly sticks out had ablood test but negertive and had another one done got to wait till thursday I just don't no what to think anymore
Ok my last period was june 15 and now it is august still no period i took 3 hpt and had blood work dne and all came out negative i never miss a period only time i missd a peeiod was when i found out i was pregnant with my 3yr old son i feel nausies sumtime and my breast a sore at times i just want to knw can i still be pregnant but its just not showing....