Pregnancy 18-24 Community
can't keep food down

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

can't keep food down

I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and for the past 2 days I can't keep food and liquids down... which is causing me to be extremely light headed and tired.  Is it normal to feel like this at this stage in pregnancy or it is something I should be concerned about.  My. Lil man is still kicking and being just as active as always.
I think you should call your doctor about it. It doesn't sound normal. I'm sure your baby is fine but you need to be able to eat so that you can stay healthy for your baby.
Have you had any other symptoms? Fever, diarrhea, eat anything strange? It's not good to not be able to hold down anything that long, because you risk dehdraytion. For some women it can be normal (I was sick my entire pregnancy and had a lot of problems holding down food) but if it popped out of nowhere I'd say it isn't.
I just had very loose stools on Sunday but not since then.  It has really been a very easy pregnancy so far other than a lil bit of aches and pains and being tired.  It is sort of our of the blue..I have an apt thursday but if it keeps up tonight and tomorrow I will probably call.
Awe I hope you feel better..... :/.....if it doesn't get any better just take a trip up there and keep me informed....
I will.  I thought I was getting better today ate a little and didn't throw up right away.... was just a little light headed figured it was just due to the lack of food I had had in the past few days. But the second I got out of the car at home and went into the bathroom I puked.
It could be a virus as well. For some reason food poisoning is super rampart right now. If you're unable to drink water though, I would go to the ER to make sure you're hydrated enough. Dehdraytion can lead to contractions, low amniotic fluid levels and those just make a slew of other problems.
Yeah I think you should go to the er now....just to be safe...Exp since you can't keep anything down...that's not good by ANY means...you and Keegan have to be healthy and strong so me and aria can beat ya'll to the finish line lol
I'm pretty much able to keep just water down as long as I don't eat anything. If I eat then it all comes back up. The only thing that I have done differently is that saturday I drank about 2 times the amount of water I usually drink. And then late Saturday early Sunday(around 2am) I started getting this sick feeling and not keeping things down. I have also had some weird aches and pains that are in my arms legs ect. But none that feel like contractions or in my belly.
Weakness or body aches - also common with a virus. Just try to drink water and if you don't vomit it up after 6 hours try to snack on crackers and progress up. Don't force it, fluids are more important than food right now. I would still strongly recommend the ER though if it doesn't get better soon.
I'm trying to keep up on the liquids. And thinking I might try and have some chicken noodle soup and see how that settles
Just had some saltines and chicken noodle soup we will see how this goes my stomach hurts a lil  but. Hopefully I can keep it down
I'm 21 weeks pregnant and any food eat or drink any i will have to run to the bathroom