Pregnancy 18-24 Community
constipated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

constipated

Hi every1. My daughters jus over mnth nw an she hsnt poopd since yesterday I'm worried she went for her check up today and I ws tld to massage her butt area to stimulte her passin bt its nt wrkn I've chnged her formula I duno anymr, shud I b worried, so tired... She's only seein her pedi on the 26th...
I've heard its normal for them to go 2-3 days without a movement. Only after 3 days call the doc.
Get some sugar free peppermints, boil a few in water, let cool then give some to your baby to drink. My family has used that process for years with babies with tummy problems and it really works. Also what are you feeding her? If its Similac then I recommended switching to something else. I haven't seen one baby on that brand that didn't have tummy problems.
Oh no thnks for telln me an the nurse wntd me to switch to Similac, she's on Nan (not sure if u familar wth ths brand) ryt nw an has bn doin great so far until 2day, hope she poops soon she seems very uncmrtble :(
Lots of warm baths..look at baby massage on YouTube..plus ny doc said some babies at that age go up to 4 days without a bm
Oh and changing their formula can make their belly upset.. you need to rub her belly in certain ways that encourage bowels to move. Look on YouTube :)
in my family , when baby's had tummy aches and trouble having bm's ..they'd get either water with some sugar or cinnamon tea. & it worked. & were all perfectly healthy lol
The formula is what is making your baby constipated. That's why breastfeeding is recommended. I don't think u should change formula, that will only make her more constipated. Just try massaging like your doctor already told u. If he did not tell u anything more than that than I don't think u should be stressing. Good luck!
The hospital told me the same thing with my first child, but I noticed that with Similac my daughter spit up a lot, had a ton of constipation, hard tummy, and would sometimes do nothing but scream till 4am with little to no sleep. I switched to Enfamil, and it did so much better with her. A lot of my family members did the similac thing too and had the same problems until I switched them to Enfamil as well. I do not know what it is about that brand, but it just seems like a terrible brand for a baby thanks to all I have seen with it. Give enfamil a try, they have a gentlease one that may be good for your baby and if that still isn't working, then try one that is lacto free. Your baby may just be having issues with lacto right now. (also had that problem!)
Dear ladies, pls knw tht if i hd the option of breastfeedin i would i unfortunatly dnt produce milk...
I really get upset when people bring up breastfeeding. Especially when its obviously not an option anymore.

Just so you know, Kat, many women feel HORRIBLE when they can no longer provide breast milk. The guilt is overwhelming at times.

OP, the formula can be wrong but the hospital said up to a week is okay. My baby is on NeoSure for prematurity and can take forever to poop. He does best when he has a lot of floor time to wiggle and let gas out. You can also take baby lotion and rub below the belly button in a clockwise motion.

I hope it gets better soon! :)
Im a manager at GNC. Buy something called Fenugreek, its aides in lactation and it works! Youll be producing breast milk in no time
My grandmother used to put vaseline on a q tip push our knees up and push it in (anal)... Tmi but she said that always worked
Give her some water in her bottle if u keep giving her formula she going to have a hard time to poop so give her some water and thats should help her to let it out
Thank you every1 for ur advice, i tuk her 2 the pedi, an recommended tht we chnge the formula an add a less thn 1ml sweet oil, ths really wrked, the lil orange juice also wrks jus as good. It such a relief hvn a relaxd regular baby