Pregnancy 18-24 Community
decidual/first trimester bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

decidual/first trimester bleeding

Has anyone on here ever experienced decidual bleeding? (some doctors may refer to it as first trimester bleeding or early pregnancy bleeding form what i read online) Were you on birth control when you got pregnant or no? How long did the decidual bleeding last? Was it off and on? Did it feel like you had your period? How long was it before you realized you were pregnant? Was the rest of your pregnancy ok, or was it complicated all throughout? Any other info you can give me on decidual bleeding...? Did you have a history of complicated pregnancies? (ie. i had a molar pregnancy that started in november that was found in late january, and i had a D&C in early February to remove it.) Please, I really want information from people with past experience with this! Thank you!
I had it almost every single day. Some days would be worse than other and some days it would just be a little spotting. When I got an ultrasound to diagnose the problem since they assumed I was having a miscarriage it turned out that I had a subchorionic hematoma which is a really common reason to bleed in the first trimester.
i had it, but it wasent bleeding it was brown spotting like old blood and it lasted for 3 weeks (since 4 1/2 weeks- 7 weeks) and i had some cramping on and off but  it didi't fell like my period at all cause i have really heavy periods and red, this was light and brown old blood.

i wasent on birth control when i got pregnant.

i started to think i was pregnant at about 3 weeks 1/2 cause i was really tired and cramping on and off, at 4 weeks (when i missed my period i was almost sure i was pregnant and about 4weeks 2 days when i started spotting i was sure so i bought a test at 4 weeks and 4 days and confirmed my pregnancy.
yes my pregnancy hasen't had any complications, im 27 weeks and 3 days pregnant with a healthy baby girl.

before this pregnancy i had a miscarriage in 2005 and a miscarriage due to a blinded ovum in 2007 and had to have a D/C.  
congrats on the healthy pregnancy!

i guess decidual bleeding must vary a lot, because a lot of what i have read online says it is heavy or very dark and red, that many women mistake it for a period because it looks so much like it.

i am having really weird off and on bleeding since the 30th of may, but i couldn't get a ob/gyn apt until july 2nd so i hope everything is ok..
I had bleeding from weeks 5-10 of my pregnancy. I knew I was pregnant and the rest of the pregnancy I was high risk.
was your bleeding similar to a period and did it come and go for days at a time? i have been getting bleeding that ranges from light pink spotting to dark red soaking a pad, but it never fills a pad.. i don't even fill one a day when it gets heavy, and it seems to stop later in the evening, then it picks back up in the morning.
Hi I'm scared I have been bleeding 10 days n I took preg test n negative what should I Fo
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers