Pregnancy 18-24 Community
decreased movement?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

decreased movement?

Is it normal at 21 weeks to not feel your baby as much for a few days? I went for a sonogram monday and the nurse said he was the most calm and relaxed baby shes ever did a sonogram on. He looked great and just layed there sucking his thumb and barelt moved his head around. His heart rate was 138 and he is healthy. But since about tuesday I dont feel him as much. I feel a kick every now and then but not as often or as strong as before. He used to be veeery active around week 18 & 19. Why is this? Has he just been lazy and still has room to hide or what? Ive been feeling him move since week 15 but here lately he dont do much. Should I call my doctor? Worry? Or what? This is my first pregnacy and im lost it seems. Lol
baby's do have lazy days I still have days where I have to push on my tummy to get my baby to move ...at 21 weeks they still have a lot of room to hide, I didn't feel consistent daily movement til almost 26 weeks.
Do you know where your placenta is?? mine is the front so it would block the baby's kicking and I couldn't feel it.
They havent said anything about it but at 20 weeks my hubby and I could both feel him from the outside almost every night and they were strong coordinated kicks. Used to feel him roll all the way across my tummy to. But not in a few days. But I layed on my belly and he got mad and kicked around for a second but that was the first time I had felt him all day long. So idk. Maybe he's just hiding towards my back.
if he is still being lazy tomorrow go a head and call your doctor.... I know mine would say to drink a glass of water or have a snack and then go lay on my left side for an hour if I felt the baby move ten times then he was just being lazy but if I couldn't get him to move ten times then to call and come in
Well I ate a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich and drank a big glass of milk, the babys favorite it seems to be lol and layed down Pushed around on my belly a little bit, not hard of course and got five good kicks in less than three minutes amd hes wide open now! :) thanks! I feel ALOT better now. :)
Wow i read this an was amazed. I had the same thing at 21 weeks. And my ultrasound tech also said my baby was calmest she had in a loooong time. Took 5 mins for anatomy scan. Until about 22 1/2 weeks she was a calm baby. But she has picked back up for sure. ;) all is good. So I hope you are too. I've been hearing and seeing its common.  
Well im glad its common! Lol I wasnt to much worried because of the fact he is very calm but I was starting to get worried about an hour ago. But hes been wide open for about twenty minutes now, he hates anybody poking or touching my belly.