Pregnancy 18-24 Community
diapers!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

diapers!?

I have the pampers on my registry and from all i'm reading about the rashes i want to change them to something else.  Does anyone have a favorite diaper? The more natural the better, and the price isnt a factor. Thanks ladies!
huggies naturals. they're expensive but if price isn't a factor, they are undeniably the closest to cloth IMO. no chemicals, scents, dyes...and they're made from mostly cotton.
personally we loved pampers and ShopKo brand but our son had no issues with any of them.  As for sensitivity they have a Pampers Sensitive that works great from what I heard.  Also, not sure if you'r up for it, but have you heard about gDiapers?  My sister in law uses them and her little girl gets rashes from everything but gDiapers and the Pampers Sensitive ones.
cocaolapanda - i have the pampers sensitive on my registry so hopefully those are different then the dry max - i havent heard of the gdiapers but i'll check them out

ashelen - i read a little about the huggies naturals - its weird they get really good reviews except for the newborn sizes

thank you both!
I loved the Pampers, personally, especially for newborns.  At about size 3-4, I switch to the off-brands.
I loved the pampers swaddlers with my son and I too am concerned about the dry max. I would suggest getting a small packet in addition to a box of the NB and try the packet first. Keep your receipt and if your baby has a reaction return the box. I was not a big fan of the huggies with my son but that doesnt mean they wont be good on my daughter. Alot depends on the fit of the diaper and since babies come with different shapes(chunky thighs,big butts, tiny butts etc..) what works for one doesnt always work for the other. By the way once my son grew out of swaddlers, I searched through every diaper on the market until I got to the target brand which I love and am still using.
I used to LOVE the pampers swaddlers for newborns and the cruisers for older babies.  I don't know about the "reformulated" ones.  I will probably still try them to see becuase apparently not ALL babies are having these reactions to them.  I also really like the huggies newborn care becuase they have the cut out for the umbilical cord stump. They aren't as soft as the swaddlers tho.  I haven't used the naturals but have heard nothing but good things about them.  Once baby is bigger I will probably switch to luvs.  Atleast around here I can get them cheaper than store brands and I've been using them with DD1 since he was about 5 months old and I haven't had a single problem.  The only time we have leak issues is when it's time to move up to the next size.  
I loved the pampers swaddlers with my daughter when she was NB to size 1.  When she went into a size 2 I switched to Huggies Snug & Dry and when she started walking I switched to Huggies Little Movers.  Huggies are more expensive but anything else broke her out so bad or leaked so bad that you had to change them more often anyway.  I feel like that there are some things I won't compromise on and her having a clean rash free bottom is one of them.  
i switched my pampers on my registry yesterday...i read that the old pamers are still good...its only the diapers with the dry-max addition...i was able to find the original pampers swaddlers and just switched to them

also i read that there is no concrete evidence on the diaper rash or chemical burns...its hard to say...
I really think with these new pampers...the babies most likely have a preexisting sensitivity to certain things.  Just like my oldest was horribly allergic to something in the luvs diapers...they broker her out something fierce.  But my others have used them JUST fine.  I figure they are atleast worth trying as long as you keep a good eye on them at first and change to another brand at the first sign of a diaper rash to see if that helps.  
i was using the huggies naturals in the newborn size and i LOVED them but my stupid walmart doesnt carry them (i got them as a shower gift we had a diaper raffle) so i bought the pampers swaddlers and they are the max dry kind and so far we havent had any issues and he has sensitive skin...since he was born he's gotten red blotches and is totally peeling like crazy and now has quite the case of baby acne but he doesnt have a diaper rash LOL! his bottom is as clean and soft as can be! I havent had any issues with the swaddlers leaking so far and theyre super soft and smell good! so i think it must just be a certain baby with a certain sensitivity because my son has no issues with them at all. but the huggies naturals were fabulous! soft and absorbent and had the umbilical cut out which is nice for that first week.