Pregnancy 18-24 Community
electric shock feeling from moving or stretching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

ok...im going crazy but lately this has been happening a lot more...if im bending to get something or stretching to reach something i feel like i get shocked in my stomach

i asked my doc about this at my last appt because im always afraid i hurt the baby and he told me that it is common and most likely just the uterus stretching...most likely doesnt cut it for me

does anybody else have these sensations? i think if i know im not the only one and that the baby is ok i will feel about it....for now im off to get my doppler because im freaked out
I have this a ton! Especially when I stand and stretch my back or arms... I feel like my uterus has come apart right at my belly button! It scares the c r a p out of me but my doctor told me the same thing and that is just uterus stretching! I think it is because our uterus' haven't been stretched this far in years (over 3 for me) and it is just adjusting--and it doesn't help when our little princesses are kicking us in the same spots!
the "shock" feeling could be nerve pain of somesort. it often feels like a strong twinge or shock and it happens fast and is over quickly unless it keeps getting agrivated and then you get one after another.
thanks ladies...i have been cleaning up this place a lot over the past 2 days and every time that happens i freak myself out and stop cleaning for the day...i just needed the reassurance that everything is ok with the baby
Your OB is correct. It is your ligaments stretching. You should take their advice, they're Dr's for a reason. LOL I know we worry about everything, but don't over analyze it either. It actually can really hurt, I'm NOT pregnant, that I know of YET, and I get this all the time it's so normal. I've been pregnant 6x with 4 births...Felt it the ENTIRE time through each and every pregnancy! This is just the uterus stretching and making room!! No worries! Clean away.. LOL
I was sitting in the car waiting for my daughter and I was yawning and as I breathed in heavily I got the most extreme feeling of shock in my belly that  took my breath away. I too was scared that I had hurt the baby. Glad to see i'm not the only one. Thanks ladies
Happens to me in the mornings when I stretch, sometimes bothers me for five or so mins
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for asking this.. I get the same exact pains and was wondering the same thing!!!  I'm so relieved!!