Pregnancy 18-24 Community
embarrassing question - increased bowel movements in late pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

does this mean anything? i started googling it and some people said that they went into labor like a week after noticing this. tmi but i usually never even went once a day and the last few days its been twice a day everyday. i get checked manually wed, but im just wondering if anyone knows is this means anything.
Ive heard its bc of the increase in hormones and your body is cleansing itself to get ready for labor. I've also heard that its bc there is not much room left in there and baby is getting ready.
It could also just be what your eating! im 41 weeks today and I cant believe how much I've gone in the past few days! But I do notice if I eat alot of fiber throughout the day, its worse... How far along are you?
It depends on the consistency I believe. Solid normal bowel movements that come on more often than usual can be from a number of things. When your pregnant your intestines and other internal organs are pushed up into your abdomen, which can cause constipation, diarreah (diarrhea)(sp), and frequent bowel movements in both consistencies. If your BM are solid more than likely it is something you are eating or drinking. Hormonal shifts tend to cause diarreah (diarrhea), which is why a lot have said that they went into labor shortly after noticing the change.

Having GI issues can also cause frequent BM's. If your having other symptoms with your BM's, it could be an indicator that labor is close.
We have due dates only a day apart. I have been experiancing more frecuent bowl movements too. I'm going 2-3 times a day over the last 3-4 days. I haven't changed my eating habits so no increase in fiber.

I was wondering I'd this meant labor is coming in the next couple weeks. I've been having sharp pains in my cervix also. I see my dr again on Thursday the 5th.  
I know with my last pregnancy, I had constant diarreah (diarrhea) which started around 36 weeks. I was using the bathroom often, more so than I would normally. I think it has a lot to do with labor. Your hormones fluctuate, and release different hormones which not only prepares the body for labor, but makes it happen!

So, I'm thinking the two of you gals, are fairly close to holding that little bundle of joy!