Pregnancy 18-24 Community
empty sac at 10 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

empty sac at 10 weeks

i am 10 weeks pregnant but since my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, heartbeat was not seen..then i did 2nd at 9 weeks still no heart beat then finally i did my 3rd  u/s yesterday at 10 weeks n there was nothing but the sac..so the technician was saying i m not pregnant, n its just the sac..i was really looking fwd to this pregnancy as its my first.i m 30yrs.what do u think i shuld do..should i see a gynae. i want to know when will i be able to conceive again..please help..i m very sad..depressed
not to get your hopes up falsely or whatnot but ive heard stories on here where the ladies didn't see their baby till late. if i were you i wouldn't do a d & c..they will probaby recomend one. but what happens if you didn't know the baby was okay and just a late bloomer? wait honey and let your body do its thing naturally. and you will be ably to conceive again IF you miscarry almost immediately. im so sorry your going through this!
hey i had the same thing happen to mebut i started bleeding when i found out there was no heart beat or anything it was just a sac  they call it a blighted ovum ur really pregnant but the baby just didnt form its hard i know i been there i am sorry that you have to go through this.they told me to wait at least 2 periods before trying again.and they say its rare for it to happen again but there still that chance it could i had a son and then the blighted ovum and another miscarriage after that with twins but then i got pregnant with my baby girl and had her 2 weeks ago. you will be able to conceive again trust me.i thought i couldnt but i had my lil girl after 2 miscarriages.i wish u the best of luck with everything and keep us updated
thanks  a lot for support..i really needed..feeling better..but the thing is i m not bleeding..i m just wondering when will i bleed and i could start all over again..but then somewhere inside me i still have hope..i m confused...maybe this happened to me becos my husband n i m alwasy fighting n i m crying most of teh time..do u think it could me the reason..is this a miscarriage also...
hey sometimes with the belighted ovum u wont bleed because ur body is taking it as there is a baby inside of you.some people will miscarry naturally and some will have to have a d&c.i miscarried mine naturally without a d&c.my aunt had a belighted ovum and didnt find out until she was 3 or 4 months and she was starting to show and everything she found out through a rutine ultrasoud that there was just a sac and she needed a d&c because she wasnt miscarring it.i would go to a gyn to get it checked out they will be able to confirm if it is a belighted ovum or not.im really sorry u have to go through this i know what you are going through and i know that it is hard keep ur head up maybe u will get good news when u see a gyn i wish u the best of luck keep me updated
I'm sorry for what is happening.  I had a blighted ovum, also called a missed m/c, on September 26th of this year.  I had an u/s at around 8.5 weeks and then again around 9.5 weeks.  All they could see was the empty sac.  I didn't want to have a d&c at all so my dr prescribed medication to be inserted vaginally which brought on the m/c at home.  I am now 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant with a good u/s and good hcg count.  Don't lose hope and know there are a lot of women on the site who have been there and are here for you.
thanks tiffy and tc..u guys have given me great moral support...i m goin thru a little rough time with my husband also at the moment...i m really depressed and completely down with this m/c and problem with my husband..thanks guys..i m planning to go see a gynae next week...will update...thanks again....i heard its important to be happy and not worried n angry to conceive..how true is that..i think becos we r always fighting that i had this problem..is it possible...
The same thing has just happened me recently. i went on the 26th of this month for my first scan they said i was 10 weeks. they couldnt find a heart beat and a baby. im 17 and the excitement i had build up to be a mum and all the plans me and my boyfriend had were shattered as they told me they think i misscarried. i have to go back on monday just to make sure but i cant help but have hope that the baby will be there. i think i have go myself worked up abit with excitement that it will be there but i cant keep telling myself this. how did yours work out in the end for you?