Pregnancy 18-24 Community
excited!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

excited!

Hi ladies!!! I'm 24 and I have had four miscarriages(one was a set of twins). I lost all pregnancies between 17-19 weeks. I'm currently 30 weeks and I'm so excited. I received a cervical cerclage when I was 16 weeks and I receive a Makena shot every week. It's been a long process going to two different doctors but it worth it. I can't wait to see my Destiny!!! Any one else received the cerclage to prevent the cervix from opening?
I've never had this done but I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy!! And that I wish you nothing but the best :)
Thanks!!
No personal.experience but just wanted to say sorry for your losses..sounds like you've had such a hard time but congratulations :) wishing you a happy and healthy time for the rest of your pregnancy xx
If I am 10 weeks prego and this is my first baby , can I still get the shot to prevent misscarrige ?
I honestly don't think that You can get a shot ,m prevent miscarriage unless you have a history of it...if at all then......
congrats on this pregnancy! i am surprised it took them 4 miscarriages to figure out you needed a cervical cerclage! i have no personal experience myself, but i have heard from a friend it is painful when it's removed. i wish you all the best!

aeribear if you are rh negative blood type then you can get the rhogam shot. and it doesn't prevent miscarriage, just keeps your blood from making antibodies. if that's not what your thinking of then i agree with the above poster, there's no shot to prevent miscarriage.
I had a miscarriages before this pregnancy and know how hard it is not only physically but emotionally as well. This is my third pregnancy i'm 33 Weeks and doing fine. I don't know about shots or anything. I just wish you the best with a healthy happy baby!!
I too have no experience with the cerclage but, I just want to say congratulations! I too have had 4 miscarriages and meet my babygirl in 12 days! I know how excited you must be.
The Makena shots prevent me from going into to early labor....morrisfamily2012 the doctor I had was really not a good one...I'm thankful for my doctor now bc she told me from day one that we were going to have this baby!
Congrats