Pregnancy 18-24 Community
for baby boys,

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

for baby boys,

What are your thoughts on circumcision for your baby boy? Are there any motheres who did didn't & regretted their decision or possibly had a good outcome? I personally don't care if my son has this done, hubby doesn't have it done, but you know there are so many people telling me my baby will need it. I've read a lot about it & also been told it isn't necessary, but another professional would tell me its medically beneficial. So what are your thoughts ladies?
Im getting my son circumsised because I dont want him getting infections. He want remember it now but if I wait and he has to when he gets older because of infections he will remember.
We're having our son circumcised. My boyfriend has It done, and all the boys In my family have It done, so It's like a natural thing for us to have It done. In my opinion, It looks a lot better as well. But other factors why we're doin' It Is because they're less likely to develop urinary tract Infections and may reduce the risk for penile cancer and Std's and Infections and easier to keep It clean. I want him to have It done while he won't remember then having to go through the hassle and complications when he gets older. It's much easier to have It done while they're still Infants.
I agree with the above. I will be having it done for my son.
It dont bother me either way...I wasnt going to get my first son circumcised but my dr talked me into it.  My 2nd son im gonna get done also.  
I'm having my son circumcised. He wont remember the pain, the benefits are greater than the risks, my husband, the men in his family and the men in my family are all circumcised, just something I consider safe and healthy so he will be having it done
My boys have it done but my hubby doesnt but he wishes his mom would of had the docs do it hes never had any infections but this maybe tmi im naturally really tight so theres been times while the skin has ripped a lil when we would have sex cause mucho pain for him
My son is 13 days old and he got circumcised on last wednesday. It literally took 5 mins. My son BARELY cried. He's on his 6th day and its healing great!!!  Its raw for the first week but you have to slab Vaseline on the penis on every diaper change.
I got my son circumcised.. my hubby wasnt when he was born.. but at 3yrs old he got an infection and had to get it dine... he doesnt remember. .. but imagine if he was older as an adult and had to get it done... my hubby says my son didnt cry... and my hubby actually got to cut it... of course with the doctor there.
My husband didn't have his done either, and in my opinion, its funner lol ! But I'm pretty sure were going to do it for our son. We haven't talked about it I don't really wanna bring it up
My husband does not have his done, and being that we are not Jewish,but are buddhist we do not agree with it at all. My husband has never had an infection. Neither have any of his three brothers,or his brothers three kids. They have all been healthy, and he says that he is more sensitive due to not being circumcised. Although it really just boils down to personal beliefs,and decisions.  We won't even let our daughters pierce their ears untill they are old enough to decide on their own (16 ish). We believe your body is your temple, and if its not broke do not fix it..... Sorry for the rant.
I appreciate the answers(: I don't have any beliefs for or against it, I just know a lot of doctors & people in general don't agree with it NOT being done, k don't know that I want it done on my son just because I don't see a reason for it. My hubby hasn't had any infections his whole life & he hasn't had it done, I've only heard stories of the bad happening, but it seems there's a small chance of infection or anything. I like that by the way, if it isn't broken, dont fix it(:
Men in my family are uncircumsized as is my partner. wont be getting it done.
My son just got his done yesterday-& iFeel so bad. It looks like it hurts! Cant help but regret it, when you look at it.
My son will be circumcised and it doesnt matter if your Dr is for or against it. Its your choice. Though if they're against it they may not do it.
My hubby isn't circ'd and we didn't circ our son bc he had been in the nicu and I just couldn't do it. Hubby has never had an infection and neither has his dad. Our pediatrician said he didn't feel it was medically necessary. But if course, you'll have different opinions on it.
If i have a son i will be getting it done. His dad is and i think its easier for the child to grow up looking like dad's. Dont want to imagine what kind of questions he would come up with lol and personally i just think it looks cleaner less risk of infections. Plus im not going to go down my sons pants when hes like 16 just to see if hes cleaning it properly. Teenagers are gross creatures sometimes. Locked in there room playing games all day long lol all the men in both side of family are done so its only natural for us to do it if we have a boy. Ill cry like a baby though lol