Pregnancy 18-24 Community
frustrated!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

frustrated!!!

I'm having a hard time understanding my husband's point when it comes to having sex while pregnant.I'm 26 +2 and he hasn't wanted to have sex since i started showing,he keeps saying its because he's scared of hurting the baby but its hard to not think its because of how I look. This pregnancy has been so stressful since I had complications in the beginning and breaking my foot in Dec. I can't help but to feel like I'm not myself and that's why he doesn't find me attractive anymore. I'm still on crutches and feel so fat,so when my husband turns me down I feel like there is something wrong with me.Does anyone else have this problem?
I really had trouble with this when I was pregnant with my daughter last year. Up until I started to show at around 6 months, my husband and I had sex at least 5 times a week. Suddenly, he just didn't seem interested in me anymore. It went on for about six weeks, until I had a massive breakdown and explained how ugly and unwanted I felt. He truly was concerned about our daughter feeling what was happening. He felt like a pervert because he couldn't help but think of her in there every time I was undressed. Eventually, through a lot of talking and a lot of time set aside for intimate activities like back rubs and listening to music with the lights off, we overcame it. This time, I'm the one with the problem. I feel like my poor son will be scarred for life, because his mother is having sex! But we are better prepared now to get past this.
Make time to do intimate, sensual, but not sexual things. Don't push the sex, let it happen. And make sure you talk about how this is effecting you emotionally.
My husband is the same he doesn't want to have sex with me anymore either . No matter what I do it pisses me odd cause he has no prob watching porn and jacking off . He doesn't know I know hes doing it but I do. I don't understand he wasn't like this with our first. But everytimei bring it up it just starts a fight
It is more likely him being scared then it having anything to do with your body. My husband says i am still sexy and that how could he look at me bad when i am carrying his child. A lot of men get scared of hurting the baby to the point where they are so worried about it that they cant really enjoy having sex. Maybe he can go to the dr with you and you have the dr explain that it wont hurt the baby
My boyfriend made me so sad..... He was grossed out the last time we had sex because my belly was rubbing on him:/